Friday, November 18, 2011

@DonRyanMusic (Don Ryan) - Band of the Week

If you keep your ear to the ground, eventually, a pleasant rumble offers up a warning of great things to come....
Don Ryan is the real deal....  the music is dark and jangly and he has a great voice. The lyrics are complex and at times humorous. This is a brand new take on old music, and this young man from the New York/New Jersey area owns it.
Since I have been writing this blog and presenting Bands of the Week - such incredibly talented artists have come to my attention  that I no longer worry when someone asks me to listen to their music. I expect good even great music. Even with those new found expectations, Don Ryan's music still blew me away. 
A frustrating aspect of blogging is that you often don't know who is reading what you write and who is listening to and enjoying the music you present. All I can do is strongly encourage you to take a few minutes and listen to and watch the video of This Town.  You have nothing to lose and a chance to get in on the ground floor of a fantastic new talent.

On Facebook, Don Ryan's page and my shared "Likes" came up as Tom Waits, Nine Inch Nails and Leonard Cohen.  Tom Waits came to my mind when I first heard This Town.  You can check out the video below....


You can listen to his wickedly fun album Tangle Town right here:

//    



 (and now, click on the album cover to purchase and download Tangle Town)

=====================================================================
LINKS:
To keep up with all of the current and past Bands of the Week be sure to Follow the Ear to the Ground Twitter List.
To find music from current and past Bands of the Week to purchase and download, please visit the Ear to the Ground - Bands of the Week Store powered by Amazon.com.
To find many of the songs featured on Ear to the Ground to purchase and download, please visit the Ear to the Ground - Songs of the Week store powered by Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment