Sunday, May 15, 2011

Turning Point

There exists this point in time when a casual interest in music blossoms into a true love (read obsession) with music.  For me, there may have been a number of points along the road, but the first was on a night way back in the depths of my high school/junior high years, and I was listening to the local college radio station, and specifically I remember hearing Springsteen's Jungleland and then Lou Reed's Walk on the Wild Side.  Suddenly, it was as if music lost it's limits.  Jungleland made me realize that Rock 'n' Roll could be epic and poetic and beautiful.  Walk on the Wild Side showed me that music could be dangerous and could show me a world beyond the limitations of my current situation. Later, they re-released the Velvet Underground albums and that sent me to a whole new level, but that's another story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment