Thursday, December 15, 2011

Band of the Week Year 2 Week 3: Jesse Payne

Ear to the Ground recommended Jesse Payne a week or so ago - now, I am pleased to name him our third Band of the Week for this year*. Below is a bandcamp widget thingy for his latest release, Buffalo.

  Jesse Payne is from Birmingham, Alabama. He plays it stark and beautifully minimalistic and then he raves it up in true modern Southern alt-folk/rock style. He's got a great voice, and the songs stick with me in a good way. Like many of the Bands I've named Band of the Week, Jesse Payne, seems destined for great things. I for one am on-board, and I hope you'll check him out, too.

Here's a chance to check out Jesse Payne via ReverbNation:



Electronic Press Kit



*Band of the Week Year 2 runs from December 2011 to November 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment