Friday, December 16, 2011

Ear to the Ground Presents: Band of the Year (Readers Poll Results) - Top 10

At long last, it is time to reveal the Band of the Year voting results.  

I want to thank everyone who voted.  I hope you will visit often.  We had almost 2,000 votes. Which totally blew me away. 

We shall begin with positions 6-10 in alphabetical order:


Clepto (website) - In spite of my screwing up their name on the Poll, Saudi-born punk rockers Clepto rallied to reach the top 10.  If you are in to hard punk rock with a Middle Eastern tinge, please check out Clepto.


Elika (website) - New York based indie band Elika offers cool electronica with a slight shoegazey feel to it. I have no idea what I just typed.  Elika makes good music.  Check them out today!


Lost Romance (website) - New Jersey based alt-rockers Lost Romance play big music.  One of my favorite tracks "Top of the World" has a brilliant, expansive sound.  Their music deserves to fill arenas. Check them out. 


Those Mockingbirds (website) - another New Jersey based alt-rock band.  Not just another New Jersey based alt-rock band.  Those Mockingbirds possess strong songwriting and the musical chops to carry it off. Visit their website, pick up their new EP and prepare to become a fan.


WorldService Project (website) - I'll admit, when WorldService Project first began following me on Twitter, I thought they were a non-profit providing volunteer opportunities to third world countries. Okay I have an active imagination.  Turns out they are a London-based Punk-Jazz band. I like jazz and I like punk, and I really like World Service Project.  Give them a listen.


Now to the Top 5....


 

No comments:

Post a Comment