Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Payback Mix

Yesterday, I  stopped by someone who had stopped me on the street last week asking for a dollar for the bus. I thought they were going to hit me up again, and I was thinking about the fact that I wasn't carrying any money, but instead he reached in his pocket and gave me a dollar back.

Some days it rains, but inside I am feeling all sunny.  Some days, the opposite is true.  I like the former, better than the latter. Today is one of those former days, and I'm happy.  One thing I've noticed, I love dark music and the blues whether I am happy or not. I'm not sure why.  Maybe, when I down and dark and blue, that music reminds me that I'm not alone in feeling that way, and when I'm  up and light and joyful, the music grounds me and reminds me that everything is temporary.

The music shuffle includes songs I've added over the past three or so weeks since the elevator incident.

When Etta James died earlier this month, she left an enduring legacy of great music. At Last, was written in 1941 for a film called Orchestra Wives and recorded by Glenn Miller and his Orchestra. Nearly 20 years, later Ms. James recorded her definitive version of the song on the album of the same name off of the Chess label.






Next up - The Disappointment are yet another kick ass band from Brooklyn - h/t to The End Men for pointing us in the direction of this great band. The song today Well Well Well comes from October 2011's Plastic Ono EP - which can be yours for free using the widget below (via the band's bandcamp page)
And finally, we have a track from Delta Spirit. It's called Bushwick Blues and it's some might fine music in the Americana/Alt-Country/ReallyCoolMusic vein.  The version I listened to today is slightly different than the version available on this album:




The version I have came from a Noisetrade offering that is now unavailable - so if you missed that, grab the album above to hear Bushwick Blues.


_____________________________________________________________________________
Affiliated Links:



Get your $7.99.com at MadDogDomains.com! - 200x200

No comments:

Post a Comment