Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday Morning Music Shuffle - Times Like These Mix

Do you remember lying in bed with your covers
Pulled up over your head? Radio playin' so no one can see.
We need change, we need it fast before rock's just part
Of the past. 'Cause lately it all sound the same to me. - Ramones
Radio is a sound salvation
Radio is cleaning up the nation
They say you better listen to the voice of reason
But they don't give you any choice
'cause they think that it's treason.
So you had better do as you are told.
You better listen to the radio.- Elvis Costello


A bunch of new songs added to the playlist last night. As of this morning there were 71 songs added in May which have not been featured on the blog.  Today, we knock out four of those 71:

There is a story of this first record.  Back in March, I was chatting with my friend, rapper and beats genius, Hayden, who was talking about this group that was reuniting for a show.  He had been listening to their music all day and posting songs to Facebook.  L.A. Symphony regardless of what I thought originally, is not the Los Angeles orchestra. Rather, they are an independent hip-hop group.  After talking to Hayden, I stopped by the local Goodwill and as I usually do, I perused the bins of used CDs. When I saw a CD by L.A. Symphony, I knew it was fated that I was to buy this, so I did.  The End.


End is Now is the opening track off the group's 2003 album called The End is Now.

   



Next, we have another track from the recent release by former Band of the Week - Nashville's own, Calicocat. The song today is called I Said and it is off the Soup Du Jour collection.

You can use the Bandcamp widget thing to download Soup Du Jour for free:


 

 Next we have a track from top ten Band of the Year nominee Taco Land.  This time, we have their excellent cover of a Ziggy era Bowie song Five Years.  I love their take on this song, which is from one of my favorite albums of all time.

 
 Bowie doing Five Years live from 1972

Here is Taco Land's Wonderful Rain


Finally, we have a new song from The Holograms  - this is a different Holograms than we featured previously. The other band features our friend Galen Wade. Today's Holograms come from Sweden, and their debut album is due out in July.  The first track is Chasing My Mind
 



___________________________________________________________________________
 Affiliated Links:

David Bowie Ziggy Stardust Lighters David Bowie Ziggy Stardust Lighters
David Bowie Ziggy Lighter This is an officially licensed David Bowie lighter. These David Bowie lighters feature a David Bowie image on them. This is a refillable butane David Bowie lighter (butane not included).

No comments:

Post a Comment