Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Tuesday Morning Music Shuffle - Ragin' Full On Mix

I love warm summer nights... especially being outside and hearing the sounds of the world around me - natural and man-made. Crickets and train whistles and cars on the highway just on the other side of the hill and music coming from somewhere and the laughter of children and unidentified sounds that provide a thrill of fear or of wonder. 


Have you ever stood alone the in the dark Under the Willow and just let your mind run wild with possibilities? 


Shayfer James from Counterfeit Arcade (One of our featured Artists for June).

 



"It leaps beyond its legs
It reeks of lemon pledge
in a cold fire
it’s a cold fire mother
the muppet and the midge
the leaks beneath the fridge
in a cold fire
it’s a cold fire and one
digs on the morning bloodlight
dig on the after after
even the shyest mouse with his head stove in"


The Hunting Accident from Trees and Parks 10" 

 
 

" I love the instrumental track  
there’s no words that I gotta sing back
no “peace on earth,” no hippy shit
it’s best if you just got over it
I keep pressing repeat
cuz the instrumental track
can’t be beat" 
The Joy of Painting from Asterisk


 



Born in the USA was released when I was eighteen years old - around the time I graduated from high school.  Some of the themes of the album were beyond my experience, but I got I'm On Fire. Springsteen in his words and his vocals and the understated music captured effectively the unrequited desire that dominated that portion of my life. The L.A. band Brown Shoe recently recorded a cover of the song for Daytrotter. We told you about it here.

The Gift Horse from Brown Shoe
 


==============================================================
                Affiliated Links:


Exclusive - Darkness on the Edge of Town Photo Artwork Shot Glass Exclusive - Darkness on the Edge of Town Photo Artwork Shot Glass
This Bruce Springsteen shot glass features a classic rendition of the Darkness on the Edge of Town album photo artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment