Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Buzzy Mix




 Well... some nice Fall temperatures has descended upon Middle Tennessee.  That crispy chill that feels so good. Of course, this is Middle Tennessee, so we likely have some more 90 degree days in store, but I'll take this.  Autumn has always been my favorite season, and although it's still officially a day or so away, this is a nice preview.


We have a nice Morning Shuffle to compliment the sweet weather, and per the new usual, we are pressed for time... so let's do it!



Rodney Crowell's late Saturday set at The Station Inn was a highlight in a weekend full of highlights, and his song, Earthbound from his 2003 album Fate's Right Hand was a highlight of that set.  I will have a full post about the set soon... "My life's been so sweet I just can't stand it, I must admit I've made out like a bandit"


 


Roger Alan Wade is the cousin of Johnny Knoxville and his music has been used in all of the Jackass movies.  Apparently, his songs can be raunchy and funny.  Cars and Guns from his 2008 album Stoned Traveller is neither of those things.  What it is is a damn fine classic sounding country song full of regret and lost opportunities and the inescapable pull that music has on someone who is born to make music. 
"And I never gave a damn about cars and gun Long as they'd shoot and as long as they'd run I guess it's a good thing I never had a son."


 


Next up we have another track from one of our Featured Artists for September. The Great American Novel make great American music. I Believe in Love!   is from the band's album You and I which is available from their bandcamp page:





And finally, we close things out with another song from those Connecticut pre-teens, The Foresters.  The band got their instruments two years ago yesterday when the average age of the Nork brothers was just over eight and their amps only went up to ten.  Take a listen to what two years of practice and sick amount of talent can do... Here is Rubber Band

couldn't locate a video for Rubber Band, so here's another video of the band.




=======================================================================








 -->

No comments:

Post a Comment