Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday Morning Music Shuffle - Free Fallin' Mix



 After a long fall break, it's back to school for the kids which means back to early mornings for me.  Man, by the end of last week I was feeling all kinds of grateful for the amazing things happening with the blog.  I'm looking forward to sharing all of them with you in time.  But, suffice it to say, whatever expectations I had when I started Ear to the Ground have been exceeded many times over.

A great shuffle today:


First up, we have Austin Texas band The Raindoggs with a funky, jazzy instrumental from their One Armed Bandit album.  Black was a great backdrop for the walk up the hill on this cloudy Monday morning.  Also, check out The Raindoggs website and click on the "Friends of Ours" tab and look who's at the top of the page!


Here's a video for another song by The Raindoggs
 
 


Next up is a timely number by South Carolina band Loner's Society. The A-side of their latest single on King City Records is called Pinstripes. Apparently, it's about some baseball team for the East Coast baseball club who have apparently done well historically up to and including this season.  


 

Our final song today comes from the 2010 album Come Around Sundown, which was the last we've heard from Kings of Leon (as of today). There were rumblings about a new album being in the works as recently as August of this year.  I can't say that I'm a huge Kings of Leon fan, but Back Down South is one of my favorites.  It makes me think about hanging out in the woods, bonfires, swimming holes and... wait, that's the video...


 



========================================================================






No comments:

Post a Comment