Friday, October 12, 2012

Thursday Morning Music Shuffle - Day Late, Many Dollars Short

 
 
Yes, Yes I know it's Friday - Believe me I know, but I listened to a pretty cool shuffle yesterday and then had to hit the road and then some life stuff, and I really didn't want to skip posting - so the Friday Shuffle is coming soon - it's a good one, too, by the way.

 The Thursday Shuffle starts off with a sonic blast from the boys from Florida who call themselves Grounded. Roman Candle is off their latest release Sinlong Plethora.

Grab Sinlong Plethora HERE

Couldn't find a video of the song, so here is a video of 91 Roman Candles going off at the same time (don't try this at home - though I know some of you will, but if you do you didn't get the idea from me - so there)






Next up is the Memphis band Lucero with Sometimes from their album Women and Work which was released in March of this year.




Next we have a song from an EP we streamed for you last week. West Coast band Jemez Mountain Hawkz is a new band made up of veterans of several great Indie bands including The Shins. Listening to their debut, I feel instantly in love with the carefree desert grooves and sweet West Coast melodic sound.  Today we feature the song, CA-2 from the Hey-Mez EP.




Sex and Gasoline is the title track from the 2008 album by the great Rodney Crowell.  After seeing his incredible performance at The Station Inn during the Americana Fest, I've been seeking out anything by him that I can find.  I found this, and it's - as per expectations - a great song.







==========================================================================

 





 -->

No comments:

Post a Comment