Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Riotous Clown Car Mix



 Ah, mid-week and finally some sunshine here in Nashville.  So many exciting things happening.  Just under a week ago, I had the incredible opportunity to do an hour long phone interview with an amazing musician/songwriter/producer who has been involved in some of my all-time favorite albums/songs/bands.  I cannot wait to present this to you all. I just have to get my butt in gear to get this completed.

I had such a blast doing the interview and I found a great location. I'm looking forward to making interviews a bigger part of the blog.

Let's get to the shuffle:

First up we have Denver-based band, The Lumineers with Dead Sea off their self-titled debut album which was released back in April. The Lumineers have created quite a buzz with this record, and (but) (so) they make great music. 


 


Next up, we have our friends and August Featured Artists The Holograms. On The Sacrifice, they are joined by Seattle-based musician Ralph Buckley who sings and plays the acoustic guitar. On soundcloud, the song is labeled as Glamglitchrawk. I'm not even going to pretend to be cool enough to know what that means, but it's a sweet piece of music with a good beat, cool vocals and a nice sound. 



Here's an older video from Ralph Buckley

And finally, we wrap up the Morning Shuffle with some West Coast funk and roll via the L.A. band Orgone. Crazy Queen is from their 2010 album Cali Fever - check it out!





=================================================================




 -->

No comments:

Post a Comment