Well, it's Thursday. Life continues to be busy which I am considering a good thing, but it is sometimes hard to get done all the things I want to get done. When I got my 32gb card for Christmas, I hastily loaded about 20gb of music from my computer onto the card. Being semi-technologically impaired, I wasn't able to sync iTunes which I had been working for months on organizing and therefore I ended up using Windows Media Player. Well, lo and behold, somehow a bunch of songs got duplicated and I still occasionally find one I have deleted.
On the plus side, some really cool music that I hadn't heard in a while or which never got added to my old card due to storage capacity limitations has come up and I've discovered or rediscovered some cool songs and bands.
On the negative side, a bunch of recently added music got left off the initial load of the card. Then we began preparing for a move and are now in the post-move recovery period, and as a result, I haven't had a chance to mess around with the music on the card. Basically, that means, my memory card which I use for my Morning Shuffles is missing some great music including some recent stuff that I really want to get into the mix. But all in good time.
Have you bought the Sandy Hook single yet? Proceeds go toward the community through a couple of great agencies.
Jump. Then Shuffle...
1. Song: The Wicked Messenger (Bob Dylan Cover) Artist: The Black Keys Album: I'm Not There (Music from the Motion Picture) (2007) - (I dig Dylan, I dig covers of songs, I dig weird ass movies which mess around with conventions; therefore, I love I'm Not There. Here we have The Black Keys doing a song off of John Wesley Harding. The original song was recorded in Columbia's Studio A in Nashville, The Black Keys would later move to Nashville; I consider this local music)
2. Song: No Intention Artist: Dirty Projectors Album: Bitte Orca (2009) - (Indie Rock band from Brooklyn, we grabbed this from a Domino Records sampler)
3. Song: El Condor Pasa (If I Could) Artist: Simon and Garfunkel Album: Bridge Over Troubled Water (1970) - (Fun facts: This is actually a cover of Andean folk song written in 1913 and contrary to what I've always thought, El Condor Pasa does not mean "If I Could" in any language)
4. Song: Highway 61 Revisited (Bob Dylan Cover) Artist: Karen O and the Million Dollar Bashers Album: I'm Not There (Music from the Motion Picture) (2007) - (Another cool cover from the I'm Not There soundtrack. Karen O. from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs backed by the all-star house band for the album. The Million Dollar Bashers included members of Sonic Youth, Television, Wilco and others)
5. Song: Boeing 737 Artist: The Low Anthem Album: Smart Flesh (2011) - (Indie Rock from Rhode Island)
6. Song: It Wasn't God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels Artist: Kitty Wells Album: 7" Single (1952) - (A pretty daring song for 1952. An answer to Hank Thompson's "The Wild Side of Life". R.I.P. Kitty Wells)
7. Song: Basement Royalty Artist: Broadway Calls Album: Good Views, Bad News (2009) - The first of two Oregon bands in our shuffle today. Good late period Punk Rock)
8. Song: Fang Artist: ERAAS Album: ERAAS (2012) - (from the Self-titled debut by Brooklyn based art rock band)
9. Song: Sinkin' Down Artist: Scott H. Biram Album: Somethings Wrong/Lost Forever (2009) - (from a Bloodshot Records compilation, calls himself the ‘Dirty Old One Man Band’. Austin based singer-songwriter is awesome. Another case where I feel late to the game, but I'm gonna make up for lost time.)
10. Song: Monster Love Artist: The Lovely Savages Album: YES (an awesome rock 'n' roll band from Southern Oregon. I'm pretty sure this one came our way via Popa Tunes. This is not included on the Amazon Widget. Check out the band's site for more info.)