Friday, February 22, 2013

Friday Morning Music Shuffle - Rebound Mix



Oh man.  Since we last met, and I (maybe) completed by multi-part review of  the new album by The End Men (Play With Your Toys), I have been sick.  Right before I got sick, I added tons of new music to my MP3 player, and I look forward to bringing some of that music to you soon.  I also still have tons of awesome news which at this point is more ICYMI (in case you missed it), and I will get to that real soon, too.

Let's ease back into the shuffle mode with a quick and dirty four song shuffle (after the jump):




1.  Not If You Were The Last Dandy On Earth by The Brian Jonestown Massacre from Give It Back! (1997)
The San Francisco based psychedelic rock band with their musical response to The Dandy Warhols', Not If You Were The Last Junkie on Earth. Awesomeness to help jump start my return to the land of the living.  We got this off a singles collection released in 2011.


2. Oceans by Cicada Radio from No Fate But What We Make It (2012)
We grabbed this off the Sandy benefit album curated by The Everymen.  It's five bucks which goes to the American Red Cross and the digital album includes 55 songs. Like all of the songs on this compilation which includes a few of our friends, this song rocks out Jersey-style.

3. Fallout by Neon Indian from Era Extraña (2011)
A cool song from Denton, Texas based Alan Palomo.

Era Extraña is $5 at Amazon right now:




4.  Battle (Wookie Cover) by Mumdance ft. Esser from a download (2010)
okay.  So Jack Adams better known as Mumdance and Ben Esser better known as Esser join up to cover a song by Jason Chue better known as Wookie.  This is UK dance music so I have to plead ignorance except what I read and what I heard, but I kind of dug this track.  So yeah...  




 


 
 






















-->

No comments:

Post a Comment