Friday, April 19, 2013

Friday Morning Music Shuffle - Time it Was Mix



Time is short - so let's get to it....

Pre-Shuffle:

"The Way We Move" by Langhorne Slim and the Law
"Gold Dust Woman" by Fleetwood Mac
"Long Harbour" by April Verch
"Buried in the Murder" by Lonely Wild
Muskegon Harbor" by Taco Land (I love this song!)
"Blue" by Joni Mitchell


After the Jump - we expose our Shuffle of the day and post our daily You Tube playlist



SHUFFLE








 

  •   "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" by Fred Astaire from The Essential George Gershwin


I think we're winding down our Gershwin songs in the daily Shuffle. But, fear not, I'll be hitting Goodwill soon enough and who knows what gems I'll find.

  •  "Out of My Mind" by Eric Burdon and The Greenhornes from Eric Burdon and The Greenhornes (2012)

What an awesome song.  Rock legend, Eric Burdon (of the Animals and War) teaming up with Cincinnati band The Greenhornes.   From the good folks at Readymade Records.

  • "Empty Aisles" by The Lucky Jukebox Brigade from Pretty Well Damned (2012)

I've been listening to this album a ton, and I have to say every listen makes me love it more. Musically, every song seems to explore a particular nuance of timeless music done in a distinctly modern sounds. "Empty Aisle" has a slight vaudeville feel to it while on other tracks we've heard 60s girl group and some sweet soul music. But, the real story here is not the diversity of the influences,but rather it is the way the band pulls this all together in such an awesome way.

Playlist




-->

No comments:

Post a Comment