Thursday, April 18, 2013

Thursday Morning Music Shuffle - What's So Funny? Mix



Okay, Okay... I have to start off by setting some things straight.  In my haste to complete the post yesterday some errors, omissions and general crap occurred. 


  1. I am well aware that Slim Dunlap replaced Bob Stinson not Tommy Stinson in The Replacements as I originally wrote. This faux pas has since been corrected. Doh!
  2. I kind of blew by some important information regarding the Songs for Slim benefit project.  First that The Replacements contribution is just part of a massive project.  Second, that limited edition vinyl presses of the who project are being sold. Here is a link to the Facebook page for the project.  This is a very worthy cause.  I was extremely fortunate to have been Slim with The Replacements  (including Tommy - see I told you I knew that) back in the day at an epic show at the Armory in Nashville. 
  3. I neglected to post the You Tube Playlist for yesterday.  Here it is:
  4.  I reported that an arrest had been made in the Lincoln assassination. It turned out that an arrest had been made in the Boston bombing, but then it turned out that this wasn't the case either.
  5. I posted the Grimey's Record Store Day performance schedule, but failed to highlight a few cool things.  First that Paramore are performing, second that Pujol is coming back for the second year in a row and third that there will be a middle school orchestra performing selections from Beck's Song Reader album of sheet music.  Not to mention Josh Rouse, Hotpipes, The Features! and much more.
  6. I have to retract a statement I made about a Nigerian Prince underwriting Ear to the Ground.  Apparently, that deal fell through.
  7. Finally, I have to apologize for my statement that if Anne Frank were alive today, she would be a fan of Ear to the Ground.  Turns out that if she were alive today, she would be about 84 years old and well below the target demographic of Ear to the Ground (we are geared primarily to nonagenarians and centenarians).
  8.  
    Enough, on to today's mistakes...
     Pre-Shuffle:  Joni Mitchell - "Case of You", The Mohawk Lodge - "1000 Violins", April Verch - "Headin' Up to the Pike/ Jimmy Got a Lizard/ Farewell to Tryon", New Madrid - "Juniper", Killing Kuddles - "Dropped the Pop".
     
    Shuffle after the JUMP:
     
  • "Making Love to Bob Dylan" by John Wesley Harding from a 2012 single
 

I was a huge fan of John Wesley Harding back in the day, but I have to admit, I hadn't given him much thought in recent years, but I dig this catchy little number that deftly name drops Beach Boys, Joe Tex, AC/DC, Massive Attack, T-Rex, 4 Tops, Cornershop, Roberta Flack and others including the titular Robert Zimmerman.

  • "Shake!, Shake!, Shake!" by Bronze Radio Return from Shake!, Shake! Shake! (2011)
Broze Radio Return are a Connecticut Indie band. We culled this song from a SXSW mixtape but out by a blog called Yankee Calling.
  • "Peas and Beans" by The Slaughterhouse Chorus from Demo (2010)
  •  



The Slaughterhouse Chorus make a second straight appearance in the Shuffle with the bluesy rocker Peas and Beans.

  • "Memory Lane Needs a Garbage Man" by Skeletons in the Piano from Please Don't Die (2013)

This highly anticipated album drops Saturday with Vinyl pre-sales getting underway that day.

PLAYLIST



-->

No comments:

Post a Comment