Thursday, April 25, 2013

Thursday Morning Music Shuffle - Firehouse Mix



Time is short and we have some great music to cover in today's pre-shuffle and shuffle.  Let's get to it.

Pre-Shuffle:

"Odd Fellows Local 151" by R.E.M.
"A Good Man Knows" by Black Jake and the Carnies (the song from their new EP we didn't get to yesterday!) 
"Digging Underneath the House" by Skeletons in the Piano
 "Machine Gun" by Taco Land

Shuffle awaits you after the JUMP


Today's shuffle could be subtitled "pure pop heaven" and I mean "pop" in the best possible way.

  • "24" by Game Theory from Real Nighttime (1985) compiled on Tinkers to Evers to Chance (1990)
"And for whatever reason I wish that I had two minds
Opposite signs, parallel lines, wide point and fine"
from Scott Miller's liner notes to Tinkers to Evers to Chance: "24: The first record (Real Nighttime) produced by the godlike genius of Mitch Easter, and our first record to reach national obscurity, as opposed to regional obscurity." 


  • "Whiskey Song" by The Lucky Jukebox Brigade from Pretty Well Damned (2012)


As I was listening to this song this morning the words that kept coming to my mind were exquisite and gorgeous and amazing. I felt like I was listening some really old music modernized in the most wonderful way. Have I made it clear yet, I really dig this band and this album!

  • "The Ghost Pal Song" by The Harmonica Lewinskies from Salad Days EP (2013)




More funky fresh goodness from the New York band - the title references another NY band that I will now have to check out....

  • "Pancakes and Pizza" by Taco Land from Pancakes and Pizza (2013)

"Hand me some patience cause I wanna plant some seeds, share some love cause that’s all that I need.
But I’m hating on you and you’ve been hating on me. Red and Blue no longer stands for Free!"

The title track to the new Taco Land album is an amazing song with an important message wrapped in a catchy tune and all done up Taco Land style. And yes, Pancakes, Pizza and Tacos make me hungry, but I just ate so I'm doing okay - thanks for asking.

E2TG Daily Playlist











-->

No comments:

Post a Comment