Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Tuesday Morning Music Shuffle - Girl With A Guitar Mix



Here we go.....

Music:

Pre-Shuffle:

"Girl With A Guitar" by Game Theory (co-written by Scott Miller, originally recorded by The Three O'Clock)

"Two Hearts" by Paper Route

"Participant Unwilling" by Valued Customer

"I Was Afraid" by SetinStone

"Glass Heart Hymn" by Paper Route

On to the Shuffle - after the JUMP



  • "Room for One More, Honey" by Game Theory from Tinkers to Evers to Change (1990)/Two Steps from the Middle Ages (1988)
The title comes from a line of dialogue from an episode of the Twilight Zone.  From Scott Miller's Liner Notes to Tinker..., "I was interested in multiple vocal parts along the lines of '66 Beach Boys. I think I also wanted to do something poppy but with a symphonic feel, kind of like Peter Schickele's score for Silent Running."

  • "Oh, Tonight" by Josh Abbott Band feat. Kacey Musgraves from She's Like Texas (2010)
 


Lubbock Texas' Josh Abbott Band team with Kacey Musgraves for this pure country song. I'm not a big fan of a lot of contemporary, mainstream country, but Kacey Musgraves has caught my attention.

  • "YOU FEEL DRAWN" by Valued Customer from Babylon Hill (2012)



Valued Customer is promising some awesome new music soon.  This is the mid-point of their album Babylon Hill.  I feel compelled to join in....

  • "You Can Have the Crown" by Sturgill Simpson from High Top Mountain (2013)


"They call me King Turd up here on Shit Mountain but if you want it you can have the crown" - from the forthcoming debut album by Nashville (by way of Kentucky) based Sturgill Simpson. Yeah, I'm kind of digging this song.

  • "Across the Universe" by The Beatles from Let It Be... Naked (1970/2003)



"Images of broken light, which
Dance before me like a million eyes,
They call me on and on across the universe."

PLAYLIST


-->

No comments:

Post a Comment