Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - rearviewmirrormix








Wow! May is sure flying by, and I still have some wrap-up to do for April - ah well, when I can, when I can...   I have a nifty selection of songs today, so let's get to it.

Pre-Shuffle Shuffle:

1. "If You Would Love Me, Too" by Prattle On, Rick (A Nashville artist who I "discovered" via Twitter. Really digging this guy and wondering why it's taken me so long to catch up with him.  The video in our Playlist is for another song of his - as are several of the songs today).

2. "I Am" by Sealight (Our friends from across the pond are back with a new song - a follow up to their Dead Letters EP which I reviewed some time back in my very first Ear to the Ground record review!  I Am can be found on a Sampler put out by the band's French Label, Commission 45.


 

 



3."Stealing Romance" by Milk Carton Kids

4."Without You" by Natalie Maines

5.  "Failing Love (acoustic)" by Seth Philpott


The Milk Carton Kids and Seth Philpott tracks were grabbed from Noisetrade.  There is always fresh new music up for grabs at Noisetrade.com, and as always tip if you can, spread the word and support the artists however you are able.

The Natalie Maines' track is the lead track from her long-anticipated and brand new album Mother.

SHUFFLE is up - after the JUMP





  • "Fall Apart" by Jeanette Lynne from You've Got Me (2013)


I've had several songs from this album in our Pre-Shuffle over the last couple of weeks, and so far I've loved every thing I've heard. This one comes via fellow blogger, madman, genius and reigning Mayor of Couch by Couchwest - David "Popatunes" Horton.  Ms. Lynne, as I understand it, went to school with David's sons which got me to thinking about all the amazingly talented musical artists who've passed tangentially through my life - children of friends, friends of my children etc. Which I suppose it all part of the philosophy of Ear to the Ground - keep listening and you will be amazed at what comes your way.
  • "Bad Year at UCLA" by Game Theory from Distortion of Glory
A truly great song from the legendary San Francisco band.

  • "Athens to Athens" (live) [Vienna] (acoustic) by Joe Bonamassa from An Acoustic Evening at the Vienna Opera House (2013)

Look, I honestly can't say that I've ever been a huge Joe Bonamassa fan. It's not that I don't like his music so much as I've never really listened to it. That being said, I love this song and I love everything else I've heard so far from this album. This sounds amazing - not a surprise given the historic setting and the reputation Mr. Bonamassa has as a musician.

  • "The Detach" by EndAnd from Mechanics and Energetics of Stilt-Running (2013)



You've seen several tracks from this new record featured of late. I'm rather enjoying this album - perhaps even more so than I did the band's previous album The Adventures of Hi-Fi in Space which I also liked.

It occurred to me that several of the songs in the mix today are from 2013 releases, and that in just four months and a week, this year has produced some amazing music. And, there is much more to come, as we await new music from Nikki Sue and the Bad News among others.

DAILY PLAYLIST 




-->

No comments:

Post a Comment