Friday, August 23, 2013

Friday Morning Music Shuffle - Stupid Earphones Mix



Well, another pair of cheap earphones has stopped working properly. blah.  I think I should start a earphone replacement paypal account or something.  You know like text "earphones" to 5555555 to donate $2.00 to the cause.

Whatever.... Hey, it's Friday, and our new friend Joey from newgazzi has just released newgazzi volume 7 - so check it out.

Let's get to the shuffle right now... (jump)



Pre-Shuffle:

"Years and Years" by Brad Jones (amazing singer songwriter based in Nashville from North Carolina )

"The Churches" by Telepathic Teddy Bear (Electro Pop music from Juan Carlos Padilla)

"Long Pig" by Skeletons in the Piano (More from the excellent Please Don't Die - high on my list of things to do is to see this band live)

"Crow Till We Croak" by EdTang (from the album Goodbye, Zen5, Sushi Dinner - EdTang is from New Jersey - I'm really digging this record.)

"King James" by I Can Lick Any Sonofabitch in the House (An awesome band from Portland, OR with a  storied past and a great band name. They are CXCW alums, so that gives them instant coolness cred in my book - this is a great song, too, by the way)

Shuffle:

"Fixman" by Roots of a Rebellion from Inner Light EP (2012)



A reggae, rock, dub band from Nashville. They are awesome, and I have a feeling I'll be listening to a lot more of them.

"'Merican" by Descendents from Cool to Be You (2004)

 
Seminal California punk band from their 2004 album. I've never seen Descendents live, but I did see All back in the early 90s.  All = Descendents - Milo.
 
 
 
"The Music In my Headphones" by Telepathic Teddy Bear from Reactions (2011)
  
 
 
Appropriate or Ironic - as I struggled to keep one ear piece working on my damn earphones, this song by Telepathic Teddy Bear comes up. Cool song, though (I've heard it in more than one ear before).
 
 
"Halo Days (4 'Drew)" by Tim Lee 3 from Devil's Rope (2013)
 
 
 
Time for one more song.  Tim Lee 3 recently were out west recording some music for their follow-up to Devil's Rope.  While we can't expect a new Tim Lee 3 album until early 2014, they have gift us (and by us I mean all of us) with a new track.  You can check out Magnolia Plates - here .
 
 
PLAYLIST
 
 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment