Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tuesday Morning Music Shuffle - Run Boy Mix




As I write this, I hear thunder behind me and the gentle, almost soothing sounds of car tires moving across wet city streets. It's August 20, 2013, and I am alive, and though not perfect by any means, life is good.

Some days I want more out of life, but for me that is just a normal state of being. The key for me is to find peace in the now without thinking this is where I will and must always be. 

As of this date, I have been writing Ear to the Ground for 2 years and about 3 months. The blog has not made me rich or very famous, but I consider it a huge success nonetheless. Because of the blog, I've been fortunate enough to meet some incredible and talented and just generally good people. I heard tons more music than I would have had I not written the blog. Every so often, I see one of my quotes in the promotional material of a band I've written about.

I'm not sure why I'm writing all this right now, but it seemed like as good a time as any to remind myself why I do this.

This morning brought an interesting mix of music.  Let's get to it - after the jump...




Pre-Shuffle...

"Lift Up" by prattle on, rick (I've become a big prattle on, rick fan. This one comes from his Communion Bread record which features a building on the cover that I used to drive by almost every day)

"Stained Glass Window" by Courrier (from Cathedrals of Color - This band has had songs placed in several television series. They play huge, expansive music reminiscent of Coldplay and some U2. These other bands are listed for comparison purposes only.  I do think it is possible to not dig Coldplay or U2, and to love Courrier)

"Rusted Rain" by The Blind Owl Band  (This New York state band released their latest album within the past month or so. This Train I Ride is Made of Wood and Steel is chock full of great music.)

"The Ballad of Billy Polk" by The End Men (from Play with Your Toys... if you listen to just one The End Men song, listen to "The Ballad of Billy Polk" and then listen to all their other songs because they are awesome.

Shuffle...

"Good Country Girl" By Alexander Hudjohn Feat Katherine Hudjohn from Good Country Girl (single - 2013)




Just a flat out cool song. Couldn't find a video for this song, so we added a CXCW video from 2012.


"Soldier Boy Johnny" by The Imperial Rooster from Cluckaphony (2013)





Yet another song from the fabulous song from the incredible 2013 release from Espanola's own The Imperial Rooster.

"Moon Gate" by Peace of the South



We've played some Peace of the South before. This band has decided to release their music in bits and pieces as they work on it and as it develops. So this song isn't so much a song as an extended riff, but I'm digging it.


"Gone, Gone, Gone" by Carl Perkins

 
We close out the shuffle with Rockabilly legend Carl Perkins.

PLAYLIST
 
 

 















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment