Thursday, August 29, 2013

Wednesday/Thursday Evening/Morning Music Shuffle - Luckiest Guy in the World Mix




Railroad Bridge - Nashville



Good morning, I am back after a day off... my new earphones are still In-Transit, so today I presenting my mix of yesterday's drive home and today's drive in to work.  Jump through to the marvelous musical mixture...



Yesterday on my hot and sweaty drive home, I listened to the following songs:

"Nashville" by Casey Black (It's always cool to hear a song about the city that has been my home for the past twenty-something years. It's also cool anytime I can hear a Casey Black song)

"Paul Revere" by Beastie Boys (a history lesson and the first of three by Mike D, MCA, and Ad-Rock)

"Most People" by Dawes (This.)

"She's Crafty" by Beastie Boys (I don't think they are talking about Wendy Russell, but I could be wrong)

"That's the Story of My Life" by The Velvet Underground (That's the difference between wrong and right)

"My Whole Life" by EdTang (Seriously though EdTang is very cool. Check it out)

"Frank Lloyd Wright" by Joseph Mooradian (a singer-songwriter from Nashville. I first heard him sing at a coffee house show at our church a few years ago.  A mesmerizing vocal style. Check out his Soundcloud for tons of great originals and covers)

"Time to Get Ill" by Beastie Boys (song #3 of this mix from the Boys!)

"This Morning" by Human Face (New music from UK band Human Face!)


Music from this morning:

"The Witching Hour" by The Gypsy West  (I don't always listen to psych prog rock stuff from Brooklyn, but when I do, it is likely to be The Gypsy West)

"Crows on a Phone Line" by Let's Active (One of my favorite songs.  I don't remember if I first loved this song because I used to write a bunch of bad poetry about crows or if I wrote a bunch of bad poetry about crows because I loved this song.  I'm not sure it matters at this point, but the bottom line: This song is awesome, most of my old poetry about crows was not awesome.)

"Till the End of the Day" (Kinks Cover) by Big Star (I never go far, without a little Big Star... seriously though, a classic Kinks tune done by Alex Chilton, Jody Stephens and company - just about all I need...)

"One More Time" by Taco Land (from Pancakes and Pizza - which is truly one of my favorite albums of the year. Joseph Russell's voice just resonates at the perfect pitch in soul)

"Fields of Clover" by The Box Tops (Before Big Star - 16 year old Alex Chilton recorded what would become a number one hit in 1967. That was "The Letter". "Fields of Clover" came a year or so later - and was the B-side to a song called "Choo-Choo Train")

"The Remnant" (Live) by Josh Ritter (recorded at a 2010 show in Dublin.  The Remnant is on the Idaho singer-songwriter's sixth studio album - So Runs the World Away)


PLAYLIST
 









-->

No comments:

Post a Comment