Thursday, October 10, 2013

Thursday Morning Music Shuffle - Spice of Life Mix



As usually seems to be the case, I added a ton of new music to my active playlist last night, and not one of the new songs ended up in this morning's shuffle. Rest assured they will turn up sooner or later.

 
 


What's exciting to me about today's shuffle is that every song in the mix is either new, relatively new or at least new to me. It also excites me that there is such an incredible variety to the music.

Well - enough vagueness... Jump past the break to see today's Morning Shuffle:


"March" by prattle on, rick. (another from A Decade Begins. My shuffle function has been in love with prattle on, rick lately, and I couldn't be happier. There is a gentle uplifting quality to his sound that has been much needed.  A Decade Begins features an instrumental song for each month of the year. Here in Tennessee, March still has the potential for extreme cold, but we also get our first real taste of the coming spring. I felt that hope in this composition)  (Nashville, TN)

"Tha's what She Say" by Wild Child (from Pillow Talk. A love the vintage sound of this song - complete with the doo wop harmonies.) (Austin, TX)

"Stuck" by The Coal Men (from Escalator. To my chagrin, I missed last night CD release party for this record, so think of this as a consolation prize. I'm continuing to love this album, and I encourage you - dear reader - to check it out.) (Nashville, TN)

"Thin Edge of a Knife" by James Crawford (from James Crawford. With release just a couple of days away, I'm happy another song from this remarkable album came up. There is a Tin Pan Alley quality to this song in particular - a lament of sorts for the things we used to do. I also see this album as another vindication for the openness I've tried to practice in writing this blog. With every bit of new music that comes my way - no matter how it gets to me, I have trained myself to be prepared to be blown away. In ways, I don't completely understand, this approach has allowed me to hear some amazing music. Yes, occasionally, I will check out the music of someone who follows me on Twitter and discover it to be mostly poor quality covers of overplayed Popular songs. But to a much greater extent, I hear talented people  - putting themselves on the line, and trying to make genuine heart-felt music. So, when someone I know from my high school days says he is putting out an album - hell yes, I want to hear it. And in this case, I want to share it with all of you.)  (Nashville, TN)

"The Mountain" by The Black Market Merchants (from the Mama Coco's Funky Kitchen compilation. I think I first came across this hard blues rock band from NYC via Papa Tune's blog. Even if that is not the case, the odds make it a no-brainer guess.) (New York, NY)

"Hope and Promise" by prattle on, rick. (from Some Quiet Majesty. More prattle on, rick. love from my shuffle function. This one is from the recently released new album.)  (Nashville, TN)

"It's Not That I Still Love You" by Oh! My Blackbird (another from the Mama Coco's Funky Kitchen Comp. This alt-folk trio make music that is lyrical and fun) (New York, NY)

"Fuct Up" by Moovalya (from Moovalya. Sometimes you just need to rock really hard. You just do. You know me, I love all kinds of music, and I am a big fan of some really sweet, gentle, soft, melodic and beautiful songs. But, because variety is the spice of life... this band came to my attention  via a Twitter Follow, and this is the first song of theirs to show up in a Shuffle. You are Welcome.) (Phoenix, AZ)


(remember any time you make a purchase of any kind from Amazon and go through E2TG you are helping a poor music blogger... ;-) )
 
Today's Video Playlist
 
 
 
 
 





-->

No comments:

Post a Comment