Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Tuesday Morning Music Shuffle - FIGJAM Mix






H/T to Darby Cockroach for the subtitle to today's post.

Thanks to this blog and the magic of the Internet and Social Media and Purple Faeries, I have had the good fortune to virtually or actually meet a number of amazingly talented people from all around the world.

Today's Mix includes some great new music from some of those amazingly talented people....

To the Shuffle:




"Better Than"  by The Coal Men from Escalator (I actually didn't meet Dave Coleman front man for The Coal Men on-line, but it was through some on-line connections that I was at the Five Spot on September 19th to see his solo set and get turned on to his band's music. Escalator has it's official CD release party this Wednesday night in East Nashville.  I am really digging this CD, and I urge you to check it out.)

"Reberto" by Shake Jack from Reberto (Shake Jack are  from Argentina. They make some awesome neuvo-60s rock sounds.  Reberto is the band's latest EP. It's in Spanish, but cool music is a universal language. )

"Vices" by The Quick and the Dead from Easy Getting By  (I met Joey Mansman when he was in a band called Cosmonauts. I had the good fortune to interview them back when I actually had time for such thing.... someday again... He's now part of a hard rocking, Americanaish band called The Quick and the Dead. They just released their debut record. "Vices" is one of my favorite songs so far.)

"Born To" by Jesca Hoop from The House That Jack Built (Okay - I don't know Jesca Hoop. However, if she wants to "Friend" me on Facebook or whatever....  This song is from her 2012 album The House That Jack Built.)

"Your Dreams Will Always Follow" by prattle on, rick from Some Quiet Majesty (prattle on, rick is a brilliant Nashville singer/songwriter.  I think I was introduced to his music either through Twitter follow or through Noisetrade or Brite Revolution or else a little bird told me to check him out.  Either way, I'm glad I discovered this music, and this song is just sooooo gorgeous.  Thank you, little bird!)


 
 

Watch Today's Video Playlist   
 


-->

No comments:

Post a Comment