Monday, November 4, 2013

Monday Morning Music Shuffle - Grand Company Mix



Introducing:  The E2TG Hall of Fame ----- Ta Da!

You may be asking, "WTF?" Basically, it comes down to this: My blogging consultant told me I need to start being more controversial to attract more readers to my site. Whenever, I see posts about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, they always seem to attract highly opinionated comments. So, I thought if I came up with my own Hall of Fame, it might create controversy and angry comment wars which might "go viral" as the kids say.*

*All of the proceeding is true except for the following: I don't have a blogging consultant. I rarely read comment wars about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the only thing likely to "go viral" over here is an actual virus.

Really, I got to thinking about the artists I consider E2TG featured artist. When I began writing E2TG way back in the spring of 2011, I began naming a Band of the Week just about every week.  I did this for a about year, before switching to a featured artist designation - wherein I would name ten or so "featured artists" every month and put them in "heavy rotation" for the remainder of that month.  That carried on for just over six months. Since, then I keep featuring new music, but I haven't really been very organized about recognizing those bands.  So... I decided to take stock - at this random point in E2TG history and go back and formally recognize all of the bands that I consider part of the E2TG family.  To do so, I decided to use the TAG "cloud" on the sidebar and begin with the most tagged bands and work my way down.  So, for the near future, I am going to name three, two or one band every day to join the E2TG HofF.  It's a purely honorary title - as currently it does not come with a cash prize nor is there an actual Hall.

I am going to create and maintain a Sidebar linked Page for the Hall of Fame artists - with videos, songs, links, an on-going web-store and more.  It's still under construction, so will update when I have a Page set up. 

So without much more ado, E2TG is pleased to announce our inaugural class of Hall of Fame inductees:

 
 


 
 


1. THE END MEN from Brooklyn, NY

2.TACO LAND - from San Antonio, TX

3. SKELETONS IN THE PIANO from Saratoga Springs, NY

Stay tuned!  More to come.

Shuffle is up next


"Honey You" by The Dirty Guv'nahs (from Somewhere Beneath These Southern Skies. Groovy grooves from Knoxville, TN.)

"Bluebirds Fall" by The Autumn Defense (from the Birds, Beasts, and Flowers EP. A split EP with the band Hem. Lilting harmonies from Chicago by way of Wilco.)

"August" by prattle on, rick. (from A Decade Begins. Summery instrumental goodness from Nashville.)

"Grand Company" by Joseph Mooradian (It's good to see this kid making lots of new music - I just heard an excellent even newer song this morning.  This one is supposedly a work-in-progress, but it's an excellent song. CLICK HERE to listen and download.")

"Last Nite" by Adele (covering The Strokes.)

"Tracks of my Tears by Linda Ronstadt (covering Smokey Robinson and The Miracles classic)


 

WATCH
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. This is really exciting! Really loved your post and your humour Joe! For a second I really thought you had a consultant, and a great one indeed! We will be sitting on the edge of our chair for the next few days while you unveil the inductees! :) chers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie. You and James have always been great supporters. I could probably use a consultant, but blogging is the one part of my life when I don't have to listen to anyone else. ;-). I don't want to post spoilers, but give me a couple of days.... that's all I'm saying...

      Delete
    2. Keep your blogging consultant free, that's how we like it! :) Just you and your great musical taste! ;)

      Delete