Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday Morning Music Shuffle - Return of the Living Dead Mix



Well... after a week long bout with the flu, I can safely say that I am back from the grave and ready to party!



Hall of Fame update - 1. I at least have a template for the Hall of Fame page entries.  I was beginning to work more on the page when I fell ill.  - doesn't "fell ill" sound so sophisticated?  Let me tell you - the reality was pretty awful. 2. I came up with a list of notable omissions from my initial class of twenty - some of these were due to being first mentioned in the pre-blogger days, some due to alternate spellings affecting the tag count.  In any event, I will be adding those names soon.

p.s. I have a literal ton of songs waiting to be added to the active playlist.*

*confession: I have no clue how much a song weighs so I can't truly say that I literally have a ton of songs to add... but it's a bunch.

Let's ease back into things with a pretty nifty Monday Shuffle




"Suffragette City" by David Bowie (from The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars.  One of my favorites.)

"State of the Art (A.E.I.O.U.)" by Jim James (from his February 2013 solo album, Regions of Light and Sound of God.  Jim James of My Morning Jacket is truly one of the most amazing artists of our time.)

"Slow and Low" by Beastie Boys (from Licensed to Ill.  I think this is the last song for us to feature from this landmark album. "That is the tempo")

"Ella Guru" by XTC (from Fast 'n' Bulbous: a Tribute to Captain Beefheart.  Andy Partridge and company covering Captain Beefheart! What could possibly go wrong?  Answer: Not a damned thing!)

"Pale Blue Eyes" by The Velvet Underground (from The Velvet Underground.  You may recall that I began surveying this classic album before Lou Reed passed away.  Pale Blue Eyes is truly one of the most beautiful songs, and it is one of my favorites among a stellar list of amazing VU songs.)

"Goddamn Lonely Love" by Joseph Mooradian (via Soundcloud.  A cover of a Drive by Truckers song which ex-DBT Jason Isbell released on his Live from Alabama album. I really dig this version by the talented Mr. Mooradian.)




"Officer" by Saint Rich (from Beyond the Drone. A newish band formed by Delicate Steve main guy Steve Marion who plays drums here joined by Delicate Steve touring guitarist Christian Peslak.  This was one of the free tracks from Amazon at some point, and I honestly didn't know anything about the band until this morning.  I really dig this song though.)
 
(the weekly web-store - includes last Monday)
 
 
WATCH
(video playlist of the day)
 



-->

No comments:

Post a Comment