Friday, January 17, 2014

Friday Morning Music Shuffle - Juicy Avocado Mix



We made it through another week.

Let's move on....


Today's Shuffle contains 7 songs: 2 covers, a couple of songs by a New Orleans World/Fusion band from New Orleans who are new to #E2TG, and more...

The Mix:

"The Light" by Swear and Shake

"All You Do is Talk" (Black Rebel Motorcycle Club cover) by Kopecky Family Band

"Scarlet" by Taylor Brown

"Sweet Confusion" by The Plum Magnetic

"Pablo Picasso" (Modern Lovers cover) by David Bowie

"Parallax" by The Plum Magnetic

"Raja's Song (Hold on My King) by Ghost Pal

NOTES:

The deeper I go, the more I like Swear and Shake.

I dig Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, and I dig Kopecky Family Band. And, I dig this cover.

A few weeks back I spent a little time following the Bandcamp recommendations rabbit hole, and I came to "3 Folk Songs" by Taylor Brown who was recommended by Brian Bergeron of Mr. Kind.

The Plum Magnetics are from New Orleans, and they play a rocking version of World/Fusion music.  Sweet Confusion is an extended kind of funky instrumental track.

I dig David Bowie and I dig the Modern Lovers. Pablo Picasso is one of my favorite Modern Lovers' songs, and I think I like their version of this song better.  Still, this is an interesting conversation starter.

Parallax by The Plum Magnetics. From their album Terra Animata. This band came to me from James Moore of IMP.

The day would be complete with out some #MCFK, this time via Ghost Pal from their God Save MCFK album.

WATCH
 




SHOP
 



 



 
-->

No comments:

Post a Comment