Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thursday Morning Music Shuffle - Beautiful and Stoned Mix



Okay... first of all - have you seen this?!



Second,

I need to acknowledge that two of the most badass rock and rollers share a birthday which happens to be today.  Now, I know that I don't often acknowledge birthdays, but the combination of the shared birthday with the utter badassery represented... well I had to. So Happy Birthday to Matthew Hendershot of the The End Men, and Greyson Anderson of Dogs of Oz.  If you are a regular reader of this blog, you already know The End Men, but if you joined us with the last several months, you may have missed out on Dogs of Oz - so here is a aural/visual reminder of each of the bad ass birthday boys. 




Also, as a birthday gift for Matthew (and The End Men)... why not head over to the GTR Store website to help The End Men when a whole bunch of cool stuff plus an slot at Mountain Jam 2014 in Woodstock, NY.

Whew... now we still have a Shuffle to put on...  Jump


We have a pretty nifty collection of songs today... so check it.

"Westbound 49" by Darrin Bradbury

"Heavy Metal Drummer" by Wilco

"Fragile We Are Castles" by Gumshen

"Do You Wanna Hold Me?" by Bow Wow Wow

"Mrs. Wurley" by Humming House

"Dirty Dishes" by Deer Tick

"Dime Store Mystery" by Lou Reed

NOTES:

Another stellar song from Darrin Bradbury from his Demos album.

"I sincerely miss those heavy metal bands
I used to go see on the landing in the summer" -
Wilco

I honestly don't know a whole bunch about Gumshen except they came to us via James at IMP. Their new album (due out February 11) is called Progtronica.  As the album title suggests, the music mixes elements of Prog rock with Electronica and other influences and wraps it up in a highly original package that delivers... um I think I lost the metaphor somewhere along the way.  Anyway, the track today is mostly an extended Rock instrumental with Electronica thrown in, and it ends with simple, ethereal vocals reminiscent of Pink Floyd.  Anyway, it's cool - so check them out.

I confess... when I was 16 or so, I really dug Bow Wow Wow. And... I still do. It's melodic and fun... what's not to like.

The shuffle closes out with a song from Lou Reed's landmark and groundbreaking 1989 album, New York.






-->

No comments:

Post a Comment