Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tuesday Morning Music Shuffle - Orange Crepe Paper Mix




Continuing a tradition that dates back to January 14, 1993...

We have a great shuffle to help me celebrate... ;-)




"The Score" by Stoney

"Boogie" by The Delta Saints

"Velvet Goldmine" by David Bowie

"Down in Blue" by Marla Mase

"Jesus Christ is Just Rock and Roll" by The Harmonica Lewinskies

"This Must Be the Place (Naïve Melody)" (Talking Heads Cover) by Bhi Bhiman

"Airstream Girl" by Susan James

"Free" by Mission South

"Move Back" by Sam Davison

"Bosnian Waffle" by The Walking Who

"Sweets to the Sweet" by Tom Tom Club


Notes:

I was introduced to the music of Stoney by James Moore of Independent Music Promotions. As with most of the music he submits, this was an excellent discovery.

I've been hearing a lot about Nashville's The Delta Saints recently. There music is a dark, spicy, soupy gumbo of swamp blues inspired rock and roll.  If you haven't done so already, check them out as soon as possible.

It's my birthday and I'll play Bowie if I want to...

New music from Marla Mase? New music from Marla Mase!  One of my favorite new discoveries of 2013 (again thanks to James Moore of IMP).  Mase has a new EP due out at the end of next month.  I got a sneak peak, and so far, I am digging what I'm hearing.  The EP is called Half-Life.

How about some fairly new music from the Harmonica Lewinskies?  Don't mind if I do.  Dig this song. Yep, it's another #MCFK connection.

This is my last post from Bhi Bhiman's awesome cover album Substitute Preacher. The Talking Heads' classic gets the Bhiman treatment.  You can compare this to the recent Lumineers' cover or to the original. Either way, it is a unique take on a great song.

Susan James  was another "discovery". Susan is an amazing California Folk/Americana/Singer-Songwriter.  We go back to her 2011 album Highways, Ghosts, Hearts and Home for this incredible track.

We caught Mission South  at one of Grimey's New Faces Nights at the Basement this past fall, and we captivated by their youthful energy and infectious grooviness. 

How about another from the talented Mr. Sam Davison. More #MCFK goodness.  I earned my Generation X creds when moved back home in 1990. 

If you have to have the flu - how about Candy Flu? Which is the name of the release from Psychedelic Rockers The Walking Who from Sydney. We got up with them on the Brite Revolution site.

The Shuffle closes in groovy, funky  style with some fine confections from the legendary Tom Tom Club.


SHOP
 
 



WATCH
 






-->

No comments:

Post a Comment