Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Pure and Noble Breed Mix



We press on...


In the shuffle today:
 
"Some Day" by Rewpart
 
"Mother of Exiles" by Joseph Arthur
 
"The Devil's Creek" by The Delta Saints
 
"David Watts" (Kinks Cover) by The Jam
 
"Kayla of Colorado" (2008) by Darrin Bradbury
 
"The Great Airplane Strike" by Paul Revere and The Raiders
 
"Redemption City" by Joseph Arthur
 
"When You Get That Way" by Taylor Brown
 
"Nobody" by Killing Kuddles
 
"Girl/Room" by The Jean Jackets
 
"II. A Common Theme (The Dream; Life's Odyssey)" by Left of Logic
 
"Hymn for the Road" (2012) by Darrin Bradbury
 
"Go Away" by Solardrive
 
"Diddler" by Sam Davison


NOTES
 
 
Since I began writing Ear to the Ground, I have come to music or music has come to me from a variety of sources: Twittter, Facebook, Google +, Music Promoters, direct contacts from artists, Noisetrade, ReverbNation, Bandcamp, Brite Revolution, and recommendations by friends and family.  Today, I feature my first "discovery" via the About.me website. Nineteen year old British solo dream-pop artist Rewpart (aka Rupert Roberts).  His latest EP is called "1/2"
 
 
More music from recent frequent flyers: Joseph Arthur, The Delta Saints, Darrin Bradbury, and Left of Logic.  Nashville people: The Delta Saints have an upcoming show with our friends Humming House.  Also, I dare you to listen to Darrin Bradbury's song "Kayla of Colorado" and not sing along.
 
More #MCFK goodness from The Jean Jackets and Sam Davison.
 
The Jam made "David Watts" their own so well that some times I forget that it is a Kinks' cover.
 
Paul Revere and the Raiders - downloaded on a whim. Silly costumes. Great song.
 
 
A new song from Killing Kuddles!  I repeat, a new song from Killing Kuddles!  It's every bit as awesome as one would expect!
 
 
I have mentioned in passing that Solardrive is the newish project by one Balthazar Getty.  In case you didn't know that or why Mr. Getty is so awesome, I present a rare #E2TG list
 
1. He is descended from those Gettys.
2. He starred in the 1990 film version of Sir William Goldings' classic novel, The Lord of the Flies
3. He starred in TV's Brothers and Sisters with the totally awesome Sally Field. I like her, I really like her.
4.  He followed me back on Twitter
5.  and most important, Solardrive is some truly amazing music.
 
 

SHOP




SHOP THE E2TG STORE at  AMAZON



WATCH




-->

No comments:

Post a Comment