Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Wheels of a Cadillac Mix



Lovely to see you....


We have 11 songs in our shuffle today....

Shall we?  Let's....


"Always Around" by Sam Davison
 
"Suddenly" by Swear and Shake
 
"Five Years" by David Bowie
 
"Just Got Punched in the Face by Schmee and the Bad Boys" by Ghost Pal
 
"Defiantly Loved" by Stoney
 
"Run" by Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr.
 
"Night Clothes" by Joseph Arthur
 
"Liar" by The Delta Saints
 
"Railroad of Sin" by Sturgill Simpson
 
"Visit Us" by Joseph Arthur
 
"God Save Mama Coco's" by Ghost Pal


NOTES:

Mama Coco's Funky Kitchen #MCFK is well represented today with yet another track from Sam Davison (I'm not complaining, but I hope he doesn't think I'm stalking him. It's all the shuffle's fault).  This one kind of brings to mind Jonathan Richman at his best (unless it doesn't in which case I'm just a music blogger pulling stuff out of his ass.  Which is pretty much the case, if you haven't figured it out, but I work hard to make that stuff look pretty.  All this to say, I love this song.  Plus two tracks from Ghost Pal featuring Mama Coco's ubiquitous presence: the incomparable Oliver Ignatius.  God Save Mama Coco's indeed!

Dale Earnhardt Jr. Jr. are from Detroit which I never thought of as a NASCAR city, but it does have the whole auto industry thing going so what do I know.  I mean really - what do I know about Detroit or about NASCAR? Not a hell of  lot. I do know that the band name is part of what got me to listen to these guys in the first place, and I'm kinda, pretty much glad I did.

Joseph Arthur - I just keep loving these songs.  I can't help it.

Maybe it's my Louisiana roots or maybe it's a Nashville thing, but when I hear The Delta Saints, I just want to dance... and I'm not much of a dancer...  this was the song which propelled me from my car into the walk up the hill. Talk about getting a body moving!

I know that when most people say that they don't like Country music, they are talking about the Country radio hit song kind of stuff sung by guys named Brad and Keith and Toby.  You know the kind that gets mashed up with really questionable hip-hop stuff... you know stuff about trucks and beer and girls and dogs and dirt roads.  Sturgill Simpson plays COUNTRY MUSIC. I don't know much about the other stuff I was describing, but I know I like COUNTRY MUSIC.

SHOP
 
 




 
WATCH


 

-->

No comments:

Post a Comment