Friday, March 14, 2014

3.14159265358979323846264




Couch by Couchwest 2014 rocks on!

 


Day four ended with a pair of videos of two of the absolute gems of my town.  Gretchen Peters and Dave Olney

Day five ended with music from two of the amazing musical couples I've had the good fortune to meet as a result of writing this blog.

The End Men ROCKED!!!!!! a brewery and provided more evidence (as if it was needed) as to why I named them Band of the Year for 2013. I'm a sucker for the saxophone - so yeah!

Day five ended with Miss Shevaughn and Yuma Wray offering up five songs from their recent wedding.  They will be swinging through Nashville in a week and half or so on their triumphant honeymoon tour.  I'll be there.  Will you?


One of the highlights from Day 5 was a Talking Heads cover performed in a lovely backyard living room by Atlanta's Sans Abri.


Finally in non-CXCW news - Last week, I had the good fortune of meeting Marla Mase and Tomas Doncker. I already wrote about that.  Marla and Tomas returned to New York and on Tuesday, they joined the rest of the True Groove All-Stars for a celebration at The Cutting Room.  True Groove Global Soul is the artist run record label founded and run my Tomas Doncker.  When I met them, I took home a stack of True Groove CDs and I am really impressed at what they are up to.  The All-Stars included the newest True Groove signee, legendary No Wave saxophonist James Chance.  Here's a review of the show.





No comments:

Post a Comment