Friday, July 25, 2014

Full-Ride Friday Music Shuffle - Covered in Dust Mix



I didn't sleep particularly well last night, and so I knew I would need some cool tunes to make it through the morning commute. With that in mind, I decided to run my usual shuffle for the full ride into work, and thus was born a new feature* at Ear to the Ground called Full-Ride Friday (hashtag #frf - patent pending** - void where prohibited) **there is not patent pending...

* Bloggers Note: I sure hope no one notices that about 90% of the time I announce I new feature, it never appears again.  If they notice, they may realize that I'm just making this up as I go around and thus may figure out that I'm not a real music blogger.

Anyway, I hit shuffle and 21 songs later, I made to my desk to begin my day...   Go past the jump to experience the first (and maybe last) ever Full-Ride Friday Shuffle!



“Never Wanted Your Love” by She and Him from Merge Records Summer Sampler 2013/Volume 3

Zooey and M. Ward…

 

“Coyote Stories” by Darrin Bradbury from Death in my Left Ear

“When she asked me sign I said, “ I think I was born under Reagan”…”

 

“Decay” by The Danbury Lie from Fourth Time’s a Charm

Deconstructed metal/blues/folk… I don’t know, but I like it…

 

“A Casual Conversation w/Superman” by Darrin Bradbury from True Love

“Running around in that cape don’t get you laid like you’d think being that you saved  the whole damn world and all…”

 

“Blue Highways” by Darrin Bradbury from True Love

“The Blue Highways are all covered in dust…”

 

“Cornmeal Waltz” by Guy Clark from My Favorite Picture of You

“Beat-up old Stetsons, beehive hair, belt buckles bumpin' in time.
There's little girls dancin' on their daddies' toes, spinnin' around on a dime.”



“Election Year Blues” by Miss Shevaughn and Yuma Wray from Lean into the Wind

“Count up your dollars before you show up to vote…”

 

“don’t lose you faith” by The Lies from whatever

“as the leaves fall from the trees
dying from nature's disease
when you're down on your knees, looking for a quick release”




 

“Jeremy’s Glory” by Jason and the Scorchers from Clear Impetuous Morning

“Jeremy left his family, Spring of ’63. Said he had to find his glory marching with Robert E. Lee”

 

“Travelling Wilburys (Handle Me with Care)” by Heath McNease from download

“this is the end of the line for my self-righteous thoughts.”

 

“After the Disco” by Broken Bells from After the Disco

Is it me, or have James Mercer and Danger Mouse been listening to lots of Roxy Music?  That’s not a bad thing… that is never a bad thing…

 

“Falling from the Stars” by Tipi Valley from Blue Moon EP

“Just when I thought I knew you, I changed”

 

“Well You Better” by Yo La Tengo from Fade

“Baby make up your mind/Please make up your mind”

 

“Monk’s Point” by Thelonious Monk from Solo Monk

Thelonious has a good point.

 

“Abet Gurage”  by Tomas Doncker from Power of the Trinity

"We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations, but to our fellow men within the human community."
H.I.M. Haile Selassie I”

 

“Too Young to Burn (Sonny and the Sunsets cover)” by Spirit Family Reunion from Home Recordings Vol. 1

Hell yeah, Spirit Family Reunion covering one of my favorite Sonny and the Sunsets songs.

 

“Jezebel” by The Delta Saints from Death Letter Jubilee

An elegiac  triumphant march through the middle of Bourbon Street.

 

“Miss Watson” by Semi-Twang from The Why and the What For

A joyful fun song – the video is from Couch by Couchwest

 

“The Room is Still Spinning” by Phonoscenes from Mama Coco’s Funky Kitchen: Section 5/The Relative

The hits keep coming from the Funky Kitchen of Mama Coco.

 

“19” by Meenk from Scamu Scau

Meenk contacted me by e-mail a while back, and I love this EP.  It’s taken the shuffle function a little while to get into the game, but I’m happy to feature two songs to close out today’s shuffle.

“I drank half a beer and I’m only nineteen
I’m sorry for putting you all in such danger”

“Up” by Meenk from Scamu Scau

“More people have been up on the moon than felt the way I feel”


WATCH





SHOP

Get music from:

Darrin Bradbury

The Lies

Heath McNease

Tipi Valley

Phonoscenes

and

Meenk

And Visit the E2TG Amazon Store for other featured music:





No comments:

Post a Comment