Monday, August 18, 2014

Monday Morning Music Shuffle - Toddler Superman Mix



Monday - and as usual I'm short on time so let's jump into the shuffle:



"Toddler Hiway" by They Might Be Giants (with The Avatars of They) from First Album Live

Another from the Live album version of TMBG debut album.  This one features the sock puppets known as The Avatars of They with the shortest song on the album.

"My Friend Superman" by Deena from Rock River

Another great track from the Rock River album.  I tend to dig songs that mention superman, and this is no exception.

"In Remembrance" by The Grey A from My Country

My Country by The Grey A will be released in less than a month.  Nashville readers, there will a CD release show on September 12 at The Stone Fox.  The show should include appearances by many of the Nashville artists who appeared on the record.


"Riverside Blues" by Year of October from WDVX Blue Plate Special 4/12/2014

Pre-Orders for Golden Days, the new Year of October release have begun.  This is the second track on the album. 


"If I Gotta' Die (murdered by someone I love)" by Darrin Bradbury from Death in My Left Ear

Death in My Left Ear is no longer the most recent release by Darrin Bradbury, but it's a good one, and this is one of my favorite songs of his.  In the video playlist, we have a track from his latest release Motel Oatmeal.


"Their Finest Hour" by Clocks and Clouds from The Creation of Matter

More orchestral goodness from Clocks and Clouds from their album The Creation of Matter.


"How Bout" by Taco Land from Home Sweet Home

A sweet, sweet song from our friends Taco Land from their latest album.

"Liquid" by Gumshen from Progtronica

Our final track from Gumshen's Progtronica album is a good one.

"The Mechanical Motion of Dying Stars" by aCr from ghost note manifest

And, we close out with a song from aCr.  aCr is Alvaro C. Rodriguez who is the guitarist and vocalist from Liquid Casing - a band we featured heavily last year. This is a new project just released August 12, and it sounds great.  This was my first listen as this is fresh from my inbox to blog in about 18 hours.

VIDEO:


No comments:

Post a Comment