Monday, September 8, 2014

Monday Morning (and Evening) Music Shuffle - Two Saints Mix



Well, it's late for the shuffle, but circumstance kept me from posting.  As compensation, I extended the shuffle which means tons of music and just a bit of my celebrated wisdom.  That last line is ego disguised as wry humility cleverly cloaked in a veneer of ego.

In case you missed it, the Ear to the Ground review of Darrin Bradbury's Motel Oatmeal was featured for a time on the front page of No Depression - the preeminent Americana magazine/website,


The review is still a featured review, and you can read it here.


Now, we have a ton of music to get to....


"New Language" by Sam Davison from Mama Coco's Funky Kitchen: Section 5/Always Around

Love this song!

"Montgomery" by Tim Carroll from Opening Up/The Devil is a Busy Man

The big city won't change me!

"Azmari Man" by Tomas Doncker from Power of the Trinity

Tomas Doncker is a Global Soul master!

"With Every Beat" by The Features from Old Familiar Melodies - 2008-2013/The Features

Tennessee band that done good - The Features!

"When the Pumps Run Dry" by Miss Shevaughn and Yuma Wray from Lean into the Wind

Miss Shevaughn and Yuma Wray are awesome people.  I couldn't find a video for this song so I went way back to CXCW 2012

"Mirage" by The Queers from Surf Goddess/Beat Off (Tommy James and the Shondells Cover)

Punk rock!

"Crippler King" by Delta Spirit from Lost and Found/I Think I've Found It

Delta Spirit!

"Confederates" by Michael Rank and Stag from In the Weeds

One of two North Carolina artists - Dig this song! I wanting to hear more.

"We'll Take It From There" by Deena from Rock River

My next E2TG Review - it's in the can - waiting for the right moment.

"Quiet (St. Francis)" by The Grimm Generation from The Big Fame

First of two Saints in the mix... thus the Two Saints Mix....  Good friends, awesome band

"FOH" by Superchunk from Merge Records Summer Sampler 2013/I Hate Music

#2 from the Tar Heel State...

"Woah-oh" by Francie Moon and the Great Outdoors from Francie Moon and the Great Outdoors

Another from Francie Moon - I couldn't find this song on video so I picked a video done here in Nashville.

"I Miss the Zoo" by Joseph Arthur from Redemption City

Joseph Arthur recently did a Lou Reed tribute album - the Lou Reed influence is strong on this recording - I think,

"House Drinks" by The Grimm Generation from The Big Fame

#2 from the fabulous Grimms of Connecticut.  Drinks are on the house!

"You're the Best Thing" by The Style Council from The Singular Adventures of the Style Council/Cafe Bleu(UK)/My Ever Changing Moods(US)

This is what smooth sounds like!

"This Disorder" by The Features from Old Familiar Melodies/The Features

Dig this song. The core of The Features are from the next town over from my hometown.  Coincidentally, that is near where The Grey A's new album My Country was recorded.  Plus The Grey A recently opened for The Features... Hey, wait a minute is that really a coincidence? I don't know....

"Tree of Evolution" by The Grey A from My Country

Speaking of The Grey A.  They were the subject of my first No Depression featured review - back when it was exciting,,, yawn... I kid! A song about Evolution that you can and should dance to...

"It's About Soul" by Lael Summer from Burden to Bear

Another from Lael Summer's awesome True Groove released Burden to Bear album,

"St. Catherine's Statue" by The Minus 5 from Through a Faraway Window: A Tribute to Jimmy Silva (Jimmy Silva and the Goats cover)

Groovy song from The Minus 5.  I couldn't find a video so I included a video of The Minus 5 doing some covers with special guests Mike Mills and Bill Berry, and a video of the late Jimmy Silva and the Goats.

"Class Historian" by BRONCHO from An Introduction to BRONCHO/Just Enough Hip to be a Woman

And we close out with a song from the forthcoming album by Oklanhoma band BRONCHO.  This my first listen, and I dig it!


No comments:

Post a Comment