Thursday, September 25, 2014

Thursday Morning Music Shuffle - Don't be Koi Mix



All I can say is that life is probable sometimes, and although we don't always choose the things that happen (or maybe in some ways we do), what we do choose is whether or not to be fully present in those moments (to the best of our ability).


"Seven Sons" by Tomas Doncker from Power of the Trinity

We finish off our presentation of Tomas Doncker's Ethiopian inspired album with a track that truly grooves... see what I did there?

"This is Where You Can Reach Me Now" by U2 from Songs of Innocence

How did this end up on my phone?  How many times can I make the same joke that wasn't altogether funny the first time?  I really don't hate this music, I just don't find it especially significant.  Then again how many bands that have been together with the same line-up for over thirty years are still making significant new music?  How many bands can you think of who have been together 30 plus years period?

"Freight Train" (live) by Humming House from Humming House Party!

When Humming House throw a party, it seems safe to assume that dancing will be involved.  Plus, I'm a total sucker for songs about trains.  Woo Woo!

"Super 8" by Jason Isbell from Southeastern

I was fortunate enough to see Jason Isbell and his incredible band in the parking lot of Grimey's a few years ago - just before things really took off for him.  This year, he swept up a bunch of awards at the AMA's, and they were well-deserved in my opinion.  Southeastern is a great album, and this song is an almost instant classic.

"Runnin' Away" by Heather Powell from Believe It to Life

It's been great having Heather Powell in the shuffle several times recently, and she is working on/about to release the follow-up to this album.  Awesome soulful pop vocals!

"Snake Drive" by Pork Chop Willie from Love is the Devil

"Love is the Devil, but it won't get me."  And I guess that's why they call it the blues....

"Tomorrow" (acoustic) by Madi Diaz from Stripped Chopped + Screwed/Phantom

An acoustic version of a song from the new album by the Indie/Pop singer.

"I Wrote This Song for You" by Chris Stamey from Lovesick Blues

A song about a song...  I really dig this whole album.

"Fish Joke" (2011 Live) by Darrin Bradbury from The Almost Great Crepes (Demos)


"If it's all right with you, I gonna start this one out with a fish joke."  Darrin Bradbury is not a comedy writer.  Get that straight right now!

VIDEOS


No comments:

Post a Comment