Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Turtles, Roses, and Kisses Mix



I failed to post a shuffle yesterday - I listened to a shuffle and it was a good one, but time didn't allow me to post - so the songs go back into the hopper and will come out in some other interesting combination.

Truth be told - life is unpredictable and pretty darn right amazing when you stop to pay attention to the seemingly random occurrences which are going on around you every day. Truth be told - I would never have placed my self voluntarily in the situation in which I currently find myself, but since I'm here... I have to say.... I'm right in the place that I am supposed to be...

A pretty sweet evening/night of music on both side of the river in Nashville on a Tuesday in October.  Saw a song swap featuring two of my musical heroes from my college days - Bill Lloyd and Webb Wilder along with the always amazing Tim Carroll.

Crossed the river for some Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie and a Pint of fine beer to check out some amazing music including: Drew Kohl, Julie Christensen and her band, and the Dan Montgomery Band.


Let's do this shuffle thing - okay?


"Threads of Measure" by Brown Bird from Fits of Reason

The first of three great songs by this amazing band.  The death of David Lamb was a great loss to the world.

"Turtles All the Way Down" by Sturgill Simpson from 2014-05-13 - Grimey's Records - Nashville/Metamodern Sounds in Country Music

One of my favorite songs from the latest Sturgill Simpson album - done live at a Nashville record establishment.

"And Roses And Roses" by Victoria Williams from Sings Some Ol' Songs

Victoria Williams doing a song made famous by Andy Williams.

"Something in Blue" by David Olney from When the Deal Goes Down

Another incredibly great song from this awesome album - co-produced by E2TG favorite Mark Robinson.

"Distant" by Heather Powell from Believe it to Life

I am so impressed by the incredible variety and volume of music being produced under the True Groove Record label.  Kudos to Tomas Doncker and Marla Mase - along with everyone else involved.  If you haven't, check out all of the True Groove artists out... there isn't a bad place to start so start right here.  The video I picked for this song features the amazing Heather Powell performing with the True Groove All-Stars.

"Road to Joy" by The Grimm Generation from The Big Fame

One of my favorite songs from one of my favorite albums by some of my favorite people. It's a Grimm season - so get Grimm.  The Road to Joy is paved with... something.  Heck, I don't know.  But this song is great!

"Comes With Kisses" by Deena from Rock River

This wraps up the Rock River album, and it ends with this cool song.  I will be publishing my review of this album soon - so stayed tuned to Ear to the Ground.

"Seven Hells" by Brown Bird from Fits of Reason

#2 of the day from Brown Bird from Portland, Maine.

"Goldfinger" by Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings from The Wolf of Wall Street Motion Picture

Let's see... James Bond theme cover? check.  From a Leonard DiCaprio movie? check. By Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings? check.  Yep - this is cool!

"Abednego" by Brown Bird from Fits of Reason

And then there were three.  A new axiom: you can never have too many Brown Bird songs in a shuffle.

"If You Ain't Glad I'm Leaving" by Justin Townes Earle from NoiseTrade Eastside Manor Session/ The Good Life

And, we close out the day with a live recording of Justin Townes Earle recording on the east side of his hometown which happens to be the city where I live.  This song goes back to his 2008 album.


VIDEOS




No comments:

Post a Comment