Friday, November 7, 2014

Friday Morning Music Shuffle - Wild Winnebago Mix



Had a good time at The Western Shore CD Release party thing last night.  Charlie and Kalee sounded great, the right-wrong Isaac was awesome, and it is always a great joy to see and hear Aaron Lee Tasjan. 

Well, we made it to Friday, and I think I am still breathing, so that has to be a good sign.

"Wreck of my Bed" by The Grimm Generation from The Big Fame

The Grimm Generation's songs are like a seedy conversation, in a seedy spot, with a seedy stranger, and realizing you are exactly where your seedy self needs to be.


"Eastbound 94" by Heath McNease from Fort Wayne (Music inspired by the Film)

I'm a sucker for songs about driving...  Heath McNease has a pretty diverse and extensive repertoire, and this may just be one of my favorite songs of his. 

"Morphine" by The Oxford Coma from Morphine

I am a proponent of the Oxford comma.  Likewise, I have become a big fan of The Oxford Coma.  Sometimes, I need a little Heavy Psychedelic Metal in my life. This is the title track to their forthcoming EP.

"Play the Greed" by Dar Williams from Occupy this Album

IMHO, the Occupy movement (and I do realize it still exists on some level) was a great idea done-in by internal problems along with  "freedom" and "constitution" loving right wing governments quashing free speech.  In any event, I still support many of the principles of the movement, and even removed from the context of Occupy, this Dar Williams song is a timely and accurate description of the state of this nation. 

"Long Time Ago" by Golden Smog from Another Fine Day

We roll on with another cool song from Golden Smog.

"Infrastatic (Thanks Uncle Sam)" by The Oxford Coma from Morphine

#2 of the day from The Oxford Coma.  An odd brief track from The Oxford Coma with found sounds?/spoken word stuff... Nice

"Wanted (or Waiter There's Some Soup in my Flies)" by The Style Council from The Singular Adventures of the Style Council

A non-album cut released between the band's 3rd and 4th studio albums.  The band's interest in American soul and Rhythm and Blues music is clear on this track.

"Every Breaking Wave" by U2 from Songs of Innocence

A bit muddled perhaps, but I still really dig this cut from the latest U2 Album.

"Mule in the Badlands" by Darrin Bradbury from A Car Becomes a House

Darrin Bradbury is hard at work on his latest proper album, but in the meantime, he recently dropped another swell collection of demos which includes this song about the American West and the native Wild Winnebago herbs which use to roam the landscape. 

"Bow for Blade" by Brown Bird from Fits of Reason

A gorgeous song from Brown Bird...

"It's All Been Done" by The Grey A from My Country

And, we close things out with another great track from the album My Country by The Grey A.  They have a new video coming out next week for the new single Dumb Fool - another timely song for this crazy age...


VIDEOS


No comments:

Post a Comment