Monday, December 15, 2014

Monday Morning Music Shuffle - The Drifting Mix



I am thinking about starting a new weekly post or something promoting the #E2TG recommended  shows around Nashville each week.  I have not decided upon a format or anything, but if you have suggestions or events for consideration, hit me up.

In the meantime, get ready to kick off the last full week before Christmas with a pretty awesome show at The Building in East Nashville tonight.  It is Open Road Monday.  Doors open at 7:00 with music starting at 8:00.  The show features The Western Shore, Sarah Potenza, Darrin Bradbury and Jon Latham.  An open mic follows so bring you guitars and songs down and dig it. The BLDG is BYOB or you can cross the patio to Drifter's BBQ and bring something back. The Building is at 1008 #C Woodland Street right behind Drifter's. Come out for some Ear to the Ground recommended musical offerings..


"The Drifting" by The Torn Images

The opening track from the new album by California Indie Rock artist Briand Arabaca aided by some other California Indie rock musicians. Check it out.

"Harmless Sparks" by American Aquarium

I really dig this song off of the album Burn. Flicker. Die. It's been playing quite often on my music player. It may just be my favorite track on this album which is full of great songs.

"Runnin' Away" by Heather Powell

I'm about 90% sure this was a song that I already featured that got added back when I had my playlist delete incident. If so, you may have missed it or like me, you may be very happy to hear it again.  This is from Believe it to Life.  Her latest album, A Haze of Grays and Blues is due out in early 2015 on the True Groove label out of New York City.

"Car Cleveland" by John Lurie

I am a huge fan of director Jim Jarmusch.  This track comes from the Soundtrack of Jarmusch's 1984 film Stranger Than Paradise which stars John Lurie who also wrote the music for the film. 

"All I Do is Wonder" by D.C. Bloom

This may well be one of the most beautiful songs I've heard in a long time. It is listed as Unreleased on his ReverbNation page.  If this is still the case, I hope it will end up on album soon.  In the meantime, head over to his Website and signup.

"Shores" by Lindsay Ellyn

Okay, New York, you better enjoy Lindsay while you have her because Nashville wants her back!  I have this feeling (and I am not the only one) that 2015 is going to be a big year for Lindsay.  She has new music coming out in the new year, and I've been lucky enough to have heard some of it performed live... get on board the Lindsay express early or else I will tell you that I told you so.  This one his from her Shores EP.

"It's Too Late to Live in Austin" by Grant Peeples and the Peeples Republik

Another song that has been coming up fairly often on my music player.  A great song that references a midnight show of James McMurtry and his band.  Another one from the awesome album, Punishing the Myth.

"Trim Your Tree" by Jimmy Butler

With a hat tip to David Horton (Popa Tunes) we offer up another highly suggestive and inappropriate Christmas song from days of yore. This song from the album, "I'm Gonna Lasso Santa Claus."  Mojo Nixon covered this song in the early 90s on his album Horny Holidays.

"Samson in New Orleans" by Leonard Cohen

And we close things out with a song from the latest album from Leonard Cohen - called Popular Problems. 


VIDEO PLAYLIST

No comments:

Post a Comment