Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tuesday Morning Music Shuffle - Leather and Chrome Mix



Back at it after a long weekend.... some days, you just don't feel it, but you press on and music always helps.

"Little World" by Gretchen Peters

A beautiful song from Peters' 2012 album Hello Cruel World.  Her next album is due in February and is called Blackbirds.

"Don't Say You Love Me" by Sean Watkins

From the latest solo record by a founding member of Nickel Creek. The album is called All I Do Is Lie, and it was recently made available on Noisetrade. I dig the well written songs played by top-notch musicians.

"Fisherman's Blues" by The Waterboys

The lead and title track from one of my favorite albums.  At the time, Fisherman's Blues was a radical departure from The Waterboys' signature "Big Music" sound, and although I am huge fan of the early Waterboys' records, I have always had a soft spot for Celtic Music and this is an album I find myself returning to again and again.

"Big Blue Sun" by Amelia White

Another great track from the Old Postcards album. This is always one of my favorites to hear Amelia perform live.

"Holy Moses" by Echo and The Bunnymen

I'll be honest, I haven't really kept up with Echo and the Bunnymen in recent years.  This track is off their latest album Meteorites which came out last year. A friend included on his annual mix CD.  I didn't immediately recognize this has a Echo and the Bunnymen song, but taken out of context (for me), I have to say I like this song.

"1952 Vincent Black Lightning" by Richard Thompson

What exactly can I say. As I've stated before, Rumor and Sigh is a favorite of mine, and this song has gone on to become a modern folk music standard that will likely live on for years. I just don't seem to get tired of hearing this song.

"Stones" by Dead and Lovely

Another great song from my friends in Dead and Lovely from their EP called Heavy.  I love this music.

"Johnny's Gonna Die" by The Replacements

From Sorry Ma.... the song was written about Johnny Thunders.... but (and forgive me if I am stating the obvious), but this could easily be seen as prophetically about Bob Stinson.

"The Morning After the Coup" by Grant Peeples and the Peeples Republik

"Meet the New Boss..."  Coups are fun and all, but what comes next?  Another great song from Punishing the Myth.


VIDEO PLAYLIST



No comments:

Post a Comment