Friday, February 6, 2015

Friday Morning Music Shuffle - A Real Double Duchess Mix



"We Are Undone" by Two Gallants

The title track from the album of the same name... see what I did there?  This folk duo are from San Francisco and their name is a reference to the title of a James Joyce story from The Dubliners.  Grabbed this track from an ATO Records sampler, and I want to hear more.

"The Silent Orchestra" by Hamilton Leithauser

From Black Hours, the debut solo effort by the lead singer of The Walkmen.

"Expressway to Your Heart" by Soul Survivors

Some late Sixties' Philly Rhythm and Blues... Yeah! From When the Whistle Blows Anything Goes... yes it does...

"This Day" by Meat Puppets
Another from Forbidden Places, I am definitely under the influence of Meat Puppets.

"Riverside" by Julie Christensen Band

Ah! A last chance to plug tonight's show at The Family Wash.   Julie is incredible and she has a killer band, so yeah... Nashville - get down there.

"Jimmy Hickey's Waltz" by The Waterboys

Instrumental from Fisherman's Blues.  Shall we waltz?

"Revolution Rock" by The Clash

from the classic London Calling... I love this song and this sound. 

"My Uncle Used to Love Me But She Died" by Roger Miller

I am a fan of absurdity.  This song is purely absurd, and I love it. 

"New Amsterdam" by Elvis Costello and the Attractions

Elvis Costello! Get Happy!! One of my favorite songs...


VIDEO PLAYLIST




No comments:

Post a Comment