Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday Evening Music Shuffle - Iced In Mix



No work today due to President's Day.  Didn't leave home today due to Nashville Ice Storm 2015.  Got bored this evening due to cabin fever, and so I'm doing a rare evening shuffle for you and for me...


"Blue Rondo a la Turk" by The Dave Brubeck Quartet

I hit shuffle, and I don't know what will come up.  When Jazz comes up, I am happy. Dave Brubeck Quartet from Time Out - 1959.

"Walkin' With the King" by Joe Nolan

Joe Nolan back in the shuffle.  I really dig this song. The video is from his appearance at the East Side Invasion at Bobby's Idle Hour a couple of weeks back.  I was there. From his EP called King.

"Crazy" by Georgia Satellites

Old school Georgia Satellites.  Released on In the Land of Salvation and Sin.  

"Old Vinyl and Innocence" by Two Mule Blues

Really love this song. The video is from Couch by Couchwest 2014.  Couch by Couchwest 2015 will be here sooner than you know.  Get cracking.

"Circle Unit Document" by The Transcendents

People send me music.  I hope I never get too blase and cynical about that.  People from New Zealand send me really cool music.  So, I write about it. Check out this band. Their self-titled album is available on Bandcamp.

"Old South" by Neighborhood Texture Jam

Memphis Tennessee in the late 80s was a pretty weird place. I speak from experience. Well, it was weird for me, but there was some cool music happening. Like Neighborhood Texture Jam. Off of Funeral Mountain.

"This Ol' World" by Young America

I've gotten to know the two of the members of Young America who are currently residing in Nashville.  Taylor and Drew are great songwriters in their own right, and I really love it when they sing together.  This is the first single from the forthcoming Young America album.  

"Everything Has Proven to be Futile" by The Transcendents

Another from The Transcendents self-titled album.  

"Roll Me Up and Smoke Me When I Die" by Willie Nelson et. al.

Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Jamey Johnson, and Snoop Dogg.  What?

"American Haikus" by Jack Kerouac

Close things out with Kerouac, Al Cohn, and Zoot Sims and ten minutes of American Haikus and Jack cracking himself up on a couple of occasions.


VIDEO PLAYLIST


No comments:

Post a Comment