Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday Morning Music Shuffle - Changing Everything Mix



I am ridiculously short on time, and I will be out of town the next two days so no shuffles until Thursday.  I am going to be quick, but if you have more time than I do, please give these great songs the attention they deserve.  I found videos for most of the songs.  The only one I didn't find was the Mothers song, and I will put a link to their bandcamp page so you can listen and/or buy.

UPDATE:7:05pm CST - I actually ran out of time to get this posted earlier.  As I said, I will be off of blogging for a couple of days, but I'm sure you can keep yourselves entertained.


"The Weight of Changing Everything" by Tim Easton

One of East Nashville's finest and true road warrior.

"My Ride's Here" by Warren Zevon

The last song on Warren Zevon's "meditation on death".   

"My Place" by Young Buffalo

A great song from an Oxford, MS band.

"Apartment King" by Mothers

A great band from the Mama Coco's camp in New York.  Alex contacted me recently, so I included his MCFK Testimonial since I couldn't find a video of this song.  Here's the link to the album Panamanian Times.

"Paradise" by Joe Nolan

A bonus track from the remastered version of Blue Turns Black.

"Mark on the Bus" by The Beastie Boys

Another from the short song mixtape.  Off of Check Your Head.

"The Madrean" by Whale Fall

Fresh from the Inbox.  I haven't had time to process this amazing music, but I will have more to say.  The title track from the 2014 album.

"Second Guessing" by R.E.M.

A classic from Reckoning.

"No Surprise There" by Floating Action

From a New West Sampler out on Noisetrade.  Floating Action are from Black Mountain, NC.

"Killer" by Jeremy Gluck/Robert Coyne

Another...ehem... killer track from the album Memory Deluxe: I Knew Buffalo Bill 2

"The Loneliest Man in the World" by The Tourists

Another slice of pure pop heaven from 1979...

"Overpass LA" by Whale Fall

Another track from the Whale Fall album The Mandrean.  This is some amazing music.

"What I Have Not Got" by Tim Lee 3

The opening track from Raucous Americanus performed live and loud by Tim Lee 3.  Bonus trivia: I just noticed that Tim Lee co-produced Gawk by Will and the Bushmen which was one of my favorite albums when I was in college.


VIDEO PLAYLIST

No comments:

Post a Comment