Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Paint the Daytime Black Mix



Good morning, my review of last nights throw down at 3rd and Lindsley with Dave Pahanish and Panfish, Leroy Powell, and George Shingleton is live on No Depression.  In other news, sleep is totally overrated.

Short on time and it's not Thursday so I can't do three word Thursday, so let's do this thing!

"She Belongs to Me" (Bob Dylan cover) by Tom Tom Club

Boom Boom Chi Boom Boom...  Tom Tom Club doing Dylan.  Boom.

"My Uncle, the Violin Shredder" by Batkhi Dahn


Another cool track from Batkhi Dahn. Coincidently, both Chris and Tina from Tom Tom Club and Batkhi Dahn are from Connecticut - along with some other cool folks I know.  Must be something in the water up there.  To avoid reposting the only Batkhi Dahn video I know about, I have reposted the newest video from Batkhi Dahn's other project, The Foresters (who not coincidentally are also from Connecticut).

"Strictly Reserved for You" by Charles Bradley
Makes me want to create a rule that I must have at least one funk/soul song in a shuffle every week.  This comes off of the Hangout Music Festival Sampler I mentioned earlier this week, and it is also the lead track on Bradley's 2013 album Victim of Love.

"If Anyone Can Save Me" by Ben Arthur

This is not a drill, all you procrastinators! Today is last day to pick up Ben Arthur's If You Look for My Heart (book and album) for free on Noisetrade.  Do it!

"The Bullet" (The Devil Makes Three cover) by The Blind Owl Band

E2TG favorites The Blind Owl band released a three song EP of cover songs toward the end of last year. This is the second we have featured.  A pretty cool cover of a The Devil Makes Three song.  Dig it!

"Torito" by Rodrigo y Gabriela

The second track from the Mexican duo's latest album 9 Dead Alive. 

"No Longer Gone" by Meat Puppets

I almost wrote "one of my favorite songs on Forbidden Places", but I think I have written that at least a half dozen times about different songs on the album.  I could listen to Meat Puppets all day long.

"Since the Day I Was Born" by Sean Watkins

The opening track from Sean Watkins All I Do is Lie.  A tender sounding song.

"I Won't Look Down" by Telepathic Teddy Bear


Another cool song from Forgiveness. I am so glad that Telepathic Teddy Bear makes such cool music, because I love writing Telepathic Teddy Bear...

"Goshen '97" by Strand of Oaks

Another opening track, this time from Strand of Oaks latest album HEAL.  A song about growing up on Goshen, Indiana.

"Hang Up" by Peter Murphy

We close out the day's shuffle with a song from the former lead singer of Bauhaus from his 2014 album Lion.


VIDEO PLAYLIST


No comments:

Post a Comment