Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tuesday Morning Music Shuffle - Bukowski in my Underwear Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

So, I find myself short on time, so I have to speed through this. I hope you find time to dig deeper.  I could not find the exact track for all the songs for the Video Playlist, so you my have to do some internet searches.  Some great stuff, and well worth the effort.

"Racing to the Ruins" by Syd Straw

I have enjoyed so much revisiting Syd Straw's classic album Surprise. Truly one of the best albums of the late 80s.

"Reprise" by The End Men

What a reprise! From the 2013 E2TG Band of the Year's latest album, Terms and Conditions. The End Men are currently tearing up Europe!

"Takin' a Ride" by The Replacements

The opening track from the first studio album by the one and only Replacements!

"Send Me on My Way" by Rusted Root

Some people say, I don't have enough 90s music on Ear to the Ground.  Actually, to my knowledge no one has ever said that, but they may have thought it... but I can't prove it.  In any event, here is a song released as a single in 1995.  A rough version appeared on Rusted Root's debut album, Cruel Sun.  The song was rerecorded and included on their second album (and major label debut), When I Woke.  Undeniably infectious.

"India" by Roxy Music

A lush instrumental from the classic 1982 album, Avalon.

"Magnetic" by Michael Sackler-Berner

A song from the Shimmer and Shine EP by the fast rising New York singer-songwriter.

"One Too Many" by Tiffany Huggins-Grant

From the forthcoming album, Jonquil Child, by Nashville-based singer-songwriter Tiffany Huggins-Grant, this song was written by Pamela Jackson (one of only two songs on the album written by others). The album was produced by E2TG favorite Mark Robinson who also produced David Olney's 2014, When the Deal Goes Down. Really digging this album so far. 

"Snow is Falling" by Cletus Kennelly and Lori Kelley

Another track from the long-time D.C. area duo.  Lori Kelley is now a Nashville resident, and I got to hear her perform Sunday night.

"Just Like You" by Gill Landry

A fantastic track (and first single) from the recent self-titled solo effort by the Old Crow Medicine Show guitarist.

"On Your Knees" by fIREHOSE

From Ragin' Full On...  one of my favorite fIREHOSE songs.

"The Road Ahead" by Boy Named Banjo

Another great song from the album Long Story Short by the young Nashville band who will be playing Bonnaroo in about a month.

"When the World's Against Me" by Andrew Adkins and The Colored Parade

I also saw Andrew Adkins perform live Sunday night.  Here he is with his band, The Colored Parade with a song released on KidzlikeDanny 4 a compilation from an organization that raises money for various autism causes.  A great song to end today's shuffle.


VIDEO PLAYLIST



No comments:

Post a Comment