Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - One and One is Two Mix




Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

It's just Wednesday, isn't it?  Here is the run down of artists I have seen live since Sunday:

Sunday Night (Mad Donna's Loft):   Allen Thompson, Darrin Bradbury, and the legendary Don Schlitz.

Monday Night (Basement East): Darrin Bradbury, Erin Rae, and Kelsey Waldon and her band

Tuesday Night (Bluebird Cafe): a round with David Olney, Will Kimbrough, Brock Zeman, and Samantha Crain.

Being Nashville, the list of artists who play around town that I did not see is equally impressive.  And the week goes on....


"Juley Calhoun" by David Schnaufer

Some wonderful Instrumental Appalachian music to start the morning off from the late great Dulcimer master.  (In the video playlist, a clip of Schnaufer backing the great Emmylou Harris).

"Well I Wonder" by The Smiths

"Nowhere Fast" by The Smiths

How about a randomly generated two-fer from Meat is Murder? Why not?

"Cold Hands" by Carl Anderson

Seriously, I don't really do top ten lists of anything, but if I was one to do those, this would be an excellent early mid year candidate for my list of best albums of 2015.  Just saying.

"Train" by Jeremiah Tall
If I had a top ten list of music, I "discovered" in 2015, Jeremiah Tall would be on that list.  Thanks to Noisetrade for "introducing" me to his music.  Were those "quotation marks" really necessary?  I'm not "sure"...

"Kill the Messenger" by John Wesley Harding

The opening track to the 1992 album, Why We Fight...  hearing the opening notes of this song feels me with the same level of excitement as it did 23 or so years ago.  A great record, a great song.

"Cast in Faith" by Storm Chronicles

Storm Chronicles are from Seattle.  This song is from their 2013 debut album, Looking Backward.  I am grateful that I can still discover new music directly from artists reaching out.  I get music from a variety of sources, and the volume of submissions has increased which makes it difficult to hear everything that is sent my way (a wonderful problem to have), but I hope I never stop discovering music this way.

"Released" by Ricky Mirage
And sometimes, I discover music just by someone I know and respect posting something on social media...  I know next to nothing about Ricky Mirage except that it is non de plume of Nick Harris about which I know equally little except that a friend I respect said the music was rad, and I checked it out, and it was rad. 
 "I think I'll sing a new song
one with several long angelic
choruses with voices
in happy harmony"

I couldn't find any video... so here is a widget to hear this song (from the album pop goes the sun)'





 

"Looking for Heroin" by Neighborhood Texture Jam


And we close out the daily shuffle with one from the Funeral Mountain album by Memphis cult band, Neighborhood Texture Jam, and a song about searching for a female hero... oh wait... never mind...

VIDEO PLAYLIST







No comments:

Post a Comment