Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Tuesday Morning Music Shuffle - Hot Where We're Going Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

ICYMI,  I posted my review of For a Thousand Miles, the new album by Patrick Kinsley and A Fistful of Dollars which was released today.  You can read it by navigating to the last entry on this blog or read it at No Depression.  The No Depression piece leaves out some information of interest to Nashville readers - namely that the Album Release Show for this album will be tomorrow night (7/15) at 8:00 p.m. at the original Basement.

The shuffle today is ready, so let's get to it!


"Don't You Feel Like Playing" by Christopher Aaron Slade

Another track from Christopher Aaron Slade who e-mailed me a while back and introduced me to his fun brand of kitschy, party rock and roll.  (My description and meant as a compliment). 

"Drive South" by John Hiatt

One of my favorite songs from the album Slow Turning, and the source of today's shuffle sub-title. A great song for when I drive down to visit family in Georgia.

"No Fun" by Jessica Lea Mayfield

From the 2014 album, Make My Head Sing...  which added a rock edge to her excellent songs.

"Safe House" by The Poorhouse Says

The Poorhouse Says are from St. Louis, and they formed in 2007. as patterns go is their new and first full-length album, and it was released late last month.  I have really been enjoying listening to this record, and I highly recommend it.  Great songs, a great sound, and an excellent spirit behind it.

"Lady Jane" by David Schnaufer

The late Dulcimer master takes on the Rolling Stone classic which frankly seems - here to have been written for the mountain dulcimer.

"My Intentions Were Good, But Fuck Me Part I" by Bashful Hips

Ian Fellerman aka Bashful Hips wrote the album from which this track is taken while he was living here in Nashville.  The album is called Too Old For a Coming Age Story... - it came to my attention via e-mail, and I am really digging this so far.  It seems at once to be a very personal and very political album - and seriously if politics are not personal - what the hell are they?

"Working Class Hero" by John Lennon

Up next, we have a song from John Lennon's very first post-Beatles solo album - called John Lennon/Plastic Ono Band which was released in 1970. Really puts me in the mood for my day job...

"Railroadin' and Gamblin'" by Carl Rutherford

Another track from the Music Maker Relief Foundation sampler we have been featuring for a few months now.  Carl Rutherford has an interesting story... all of the Music Maker artists have interesting stories. You can read more about Carl Rutherford, who passed away in 2006, here in this piece written by the great music writer (and musician/songwriter) Peter Cooper.

"Strangers to Ourselves" by Modest Mouse

And we close things out today with the title track from the latest album by Modest Mouse. A pretty nice way to end out the morning's shuffle...

VIDEO PLAYLIST


          

No comments:

Post a Comment