Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Tuesday Morning Music Shuffle - Change Your Shirt Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

One of the outstanding things about Americana Fest is that it brings people from all over the world who are dedicated to making and appreciating the wildly diverse, enigma that is Americana Music.

Aussie songwriter/singer Imogen Clark came to town for Americana Fest last year, and she was invited back this year.  She is still in town and is putting on a release show for her EP Love and Lovely Lies at Twin Kegs II on Wednesday at 7:30.  Here is the link to the Facebook Event.

And here is a video so you know why you need to get there if at all possible.





To the shuffle:

"Friendlies" by Tess Parks and Anton Newcombe

via Aquarium Drunkard.  Tess Parks is from Toronto and Anton Newcombe is the founder of the Brian Jonestown Massacre.  He currently lives in Berlin. The pair released an album entitled I Declare Nothing - back in June.  This is my first listen, and it was a great way to start my morning.

"Jennifer" by Tom Schreck

Schreck's new EP Added Glory is in post-production or something like that.  Looking forward to it.  This is another one from Save Your Glory which I assume was a prequel to the new EP or vice-versa, or else they both just have Glory in the title... either way.  We have a video of Tom with a string section.  Not this song but you can get this song and the rest of Save Your Glory via bandcamp.

"Fake Roses" by The Lone Bellow

The Brooklyn based alt-country band headed up a long list of artists that I was not able to see at Americana Fest.  Don't get me wrong, I do not regret anything I did see, but there was just way too much great music happening all at once, and just to be a little negative, I've decided to focus on the things I did not do and the artists I did not see.  It seems like a productive use of my time.  Anyway, I love this song.

"Meeting Across the River" by Bruce Springsteen

The song that leads into Jungleland on Born to Run. 

"The Mountain" by Angela Easterling

Another great track from Common Law Wife. So glad I got to see and meet Angela a few weeks back when she was in town.

"Indiana Rose" by Barna Howard

Yeah... another artist I missed at Americana.  Love this guys songs.  This is our second listen from his Quite Feelin'. Barna Howard is from Missouri.

"Ghetto" by Amelia White

I did see Amelia White perform - which is always a pleasure, but I also missed another performance - so in the spirit of negativity, I will focus on the show I missed. She has new album, Home Sweet Hotel in the can. This goes back to her last album, Old Postcards.  A gorgeous song with a video that features a bunch of people I know.

"Freak" by Mouth Reader

Some high energy fun from the Murfreesboro band off their Hands record. 

"Past Lives" by Real Estate

We close out the shuffle on a mellower note with a track from New Jersey band, Real Estate.  This song is off of their 2014 album Atlas.


VIDEO PLAYLIST


No comments:

Post a Comment