Friday, February 19, 2016

Featured Friday Morning Music Shuffle - Too Far Gone Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

Friday is upon us...

It has been a pretty crazy, stressful kind of week, so I cannot say  that I unhappy that it is almost over...

Last night was fun, though - although traffic was horrible.  I set off for Douglas Corner with a GPS estimated arrival time of 6:04p.m.  After I got stopped by a train that came to a complete stop.  After an unsuccessful attempt to find some way around (the train was blocking several main roads), I ended up back where I started, but the train had finally cleared. I finally arrived around 6:25p.m. or so and fortunately, the music had just started.  It was a songwriter's round that included Mike Cullison and a singer-songwriter named Arielle - who impressed me highly.

I left there and headed to The 5 Spot to catch the last 45 minutes or so of Paul Burch's residency show.  His outstanding band included Fats Kaplin and two bass players.

Finally, I ended my jaunt at The Family Wash for an incredible performance by Annie McCue. McCue is from Australia but surely has an honorary East Nashville membership card. 

Got to hang with some awesome folks at each of those shows.

As I was writing this, I got the official word, that yours truly and Sue Havlish will be the hosts of an hour long radio show on the brand new low power community radio station WXNA. The show (Double Shot with Joe and Sue) will be every Friday from 2:00 to 3:00p.m.  As soon as the launch date is announced, I will let you know.

Friday means, that I hit shuffle from the "Featured Friday" playlist- so without much more ado - let's get to it!

"Too Far Gone" by Joe Mansman and the Midnight Revival Band

Long time E2TG favorite, Joe Mansman is up first with the title track from the debut EP by his current project. I think this is some of the best work he has done - it has been out for a bit, but please check it out.

"A Cloud A Hand The Sea" by Drew Worthley

Our first listen to a song from the album Crucible which is out now.  Drew Worthley is a London based singer-songwriter.  Expect to hear more...

"If I Didn't Care" by Ben Lowry

Another great song from Somnium - the solo project by Bang OK Bang member Ben Lowry.  

"The River Underground" by exedra

Another one from Elemental.  Exedra is the new project from Jeremy Gluck - who we first were introduced to via his Memory Deluxe album.  This is atmospheric, shoegazey goodness.  Check it out.

"You Was Right Baby" by Eight O'Five Jive

And now, we have officially featured every song on the fantastic album, Too Many Men by Nashville-based jump blues band Eight O'Five Jive. It was groovy, swinging fun songs like this that helped Eight O'Five Jive to be a multiple award-winning band. The band recently made some great noise at the International Blues Challenge in Memphis, and of course they were one of the inaugural class of "Earie" award winners.  Can't wait to hear what they have up their sleeves for the encore.

"I'm Sorry and I'll Try to Make You Feel Better After the Gig" by Discount Ravioli

We  close things out with some post-emomathcore, experimental craziness from the seven song release Come Looj With Us. They have already released the follow up. Via the Dord Music Group from Connecticut.  We have included a video for another Dord band called Urinal Cakes in the video playlist.  

Peace out!



VIDEO PLAYLIST



1 comment: