Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Wednesday Morning Music Shuffle - Just Fine Mix



Be sure to "Like" Ear to the Ground on Facebook!

I don't have a whole lot to say today... let's jump into the shuffle...

"Grizzly Adams" by Roberto and The Tickety 2

Okay, I love this!  I am not sure when I added this to my playlist, but if you aren't aware, the Dan Haggerty who played Grizzly Adams in the 1970s television series passed away last month.  This song is not really about that, it is a hilarious stab at (mostly) young guys who try to look like Grizzly Adams to "hide their weak chins".  Roberto Cassani was born in Italy but now lives in Scotland.   I have to find out more about this...

"I Fell Asleep" by exedra

Another track from Elemental - the new album/new project from Jeremy Gluck. The album was released on Monday, February 1.  It's ethereal, dreamy and oh so cool. Check it out.


"Skeleton" by Elf Power

Elf Power are from Athens, Georgia and part of the Elephant 6 collective. This song is from their 4th album The Winter is Coming which was released in 2000.  Elephant 6 is a big influence on several of the Dord Music Group artists, and I am pretty sure it was one of those guys who put this is my mind.

"Running Back Home" by Michelle Lewis

Another pretty song from the Live at Club Passim EP from singer-songwriter Michelle Lewis.

"Summertime" by Ships Have Sailed

Ships That Sail are an L.A. Alternative duo. The recently released their debut album Moodswings.  This is my first listen.  It is a shimmering song.  I was just reading that the album is tells a story from beginning to end. I will need to listen again with that in mind.  Good song.

"Just Fine" by Benchmarks

Benchmarks have been working on their follow-up to American Night and doing some short tours.  I am excited to hear the new music.  This is the final track we have from their debut (as Benchmarks).  Look for a solo Todd Farrell performance of this song in the Video playlist.  Also, Benchmarks guitarist Eli Rhodes celebrated a birthday on Monday.  And yeah, if anybody is wondering, I'm just fine.

"Words Are Cheap" by Leapfrogtown

Man, I really dig this song.  So far I've liked everything I've heard from Dreaming in Public.  The band formed in London in 2013.  Catchy as hell!

"A Better Day Tomorrow" by Le Folli Arie

A gorgeous song from the Italian prog-pop band. One of the English language songs on their self-titled album.

"Alex" by Bay Kee

Bay Kee is the solo project of Christine Spilka of The Jean Jackets (one of the MCFK bands we have featured here before).  Wonder Wild was released in mid January. This is crystal clear poppy indie rock music.  Really liking what I've heard so far.

"I Am" by Outta the Furnace

We close things out with a our first listen to this hard hitting three-piece blues rock band from southeast Virginia. This is no frills, straight ahead rock and roll with a authentic blues feel.  Expect to hear more from this band here.



VIDEO PLAYLIST


1 comment: