Friday, March 11, 2016

Featured Friday Morning Shuffle - Wrecks the Body and Destroys the Mind Mix



Visit Our Events Page Ear to the Ground Events!

Last night, I made my first visit to Little Harpeth Brewery (I love their beer) which located just about five minutes from where I park for work.  It was a fun night of good beer, cheap friends, and music (to paraphrase an obscure Darrin Bradbury song lyric).  Speaking of which, the music for the evening was provided by the aforementioned Bradbury and Hushabye Baby (who I saw for the first time and really liked).

It is Friday! Time for some Featured music... via the shuffle function...

"Too Close to Home" by My Life in Black and White

My Life in Black and White are from Portland, Oregon.  Their latest album is called Columbia.  I can't remember how or where I came across this, but I'm glad I did.  I happened to notice that they are playing a show tomorrow night in Hood River, Oregon with The Harmed Brothers (with whom Darrin Bradbury toured in December). Always with the connections at E2TG.

"Glassy Eyed" by Brian Keenan

Another nice one from Fits and Starts.  Brian Keenan is from Brooklyn.

"The Dangerous Kind" by Aaron Lee Tasjan

It's hard to go anywhere in East Nashville these days and not see or hear Aaron Lee Tasjan.  He is on the cover of the current issue of The East Nashvillian - with a great article and last night they were playing his music over the PA at Little Harpeth.  Believe me, this is not a complaint, and I am happy to jump on that bandwagon.  Today's song is a stand out from In the Blazes. 

"Conversation at the Funeral" by Jon Latham

After our conversation last night, Darrin Bradbury is going to think I purposely posted a Jon Latham song today, but I swear it's all random.  I think if you read this blog, you know how I feel about Jon Latham.  This song is the closing track from Jon's debut, Real Bad News.  Inspired by his late grandfather.  It is filled with the kind of emotionally honest truth-telling that make me feel like I do about Jon's music.

"Settle the Score" by Freaks for Geeks

Freaks for Geeks are a Chicago band whose music combines rock and hip hop in a very effective way.  They recently released their third EP, TIN. 

"Schadenfreude" by Mellor

Schadenfreude is a German word. Mellor is a band from Reading, UK.  Their EP Damage/Joy is out now.  This song is on it.  They refer to their genre as Pop Smack.  I dig it.  Up beat, power pop music.

"The Test of Time" by Some Kind of Illness

The lead track from the self-titled album by UK band Some Kind of Illness.  A kind of atmospheric indie rock track.  Like it.

"Jubilee (Land of The Free)" by Andrew Adkins

We close out the week with another song from Glass Castles by Andrew Adkins. Andrew organized Wednesday night's amazing round at The Country.  Andrew is joining the throngs (including many of my musician friends) who are heading down to Austin for SXSW.

 
 
VIDEO PLAYLIST




1 comment: